11th July 2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Is Petroleum branch good for girls? What is the scope of the same for girls?

is petroleum branch good for girls and wat is the scope of the same for girls?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Petroleum branch good for girls? What is the scope of the same for girls?
  2. Can girls apply for any branch in engineering? Best branch for girls having good scope in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which engineering branch has highest salary?Is petroleum engineering suitable for girls?
  4. What's the future of Chemical engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  5. What is the future of Chemical Engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  6. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  7. How should I join marine engineering after scoring 80% in B.E 3rd year Mechanical branch
  8. Which engineering branch is best for girls?
  9. Is Instrumentation and Control branch in Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology good enough for Girls? What would be the scope in coming 4 to 5 years?
  10. Scope of job in Indian Defense Academy for girls? Procedure and exams which the girls can appear?
  11. Is there any scope for aircraft engineering for girls?
  12. Which stream in Engineering course has a better career scope for Girls?
  13. Carreer scope in Hotel management for girls studying with Commerce stream. -- [New]
  14. Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?
  15. Can girls opt for any engineering college? Any good branches for girls?
  16. Does Textile Engineering holds good scope for girls? Work field for girls in this sector?
  17. What is the future of a girl in the branch of Electronics and Instrumentation? In what environment do girls have to work?
  18. Is Civil Engineering suitable for Girls? Should I go for it or some other branch?
15th December 2011, 08:19 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Petroleum branch good for girls? What is the scope of the same for girls?

Yes, Petroleum branch is good for girls too depending upon their ability to work for the challenging and risky jobs as in this field there are a lesser Number of girls & those who are working in this field can get higher salary for their future prospective but one has to see the working conditions,health matters , social life etc .as one has to work in oil rigs and other potential petroleum sites. The job of a petroleum engineer is highly demanding and challenging. The salary for petroleum engineers is high when compared to their other counterparts.

It has a wide range of opportunities in public sector as well as private sector. Power, petroleum, energy etc are few of the domains that are recession proof as well as offers high pay scale...Moreover these are the industries which are having less competition in compare to other sectors.

Outside India Petroleum engineers are paid a minimum of 50,000 dollars per year(2 years minimum experience)..
after 5 years of experience they are paid with a amount of 75,000 to 100,000 dollars..
16th November 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is Petroleum branch good for girls? What is the scope of the same for girls?

I m doing to complete diploma in petrochemical what i do next?
16th November 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir,m going to complete diploma in petrochemical engineering ,what i do next for studing??
24th April 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the cut off for petrolium enginnering?? and is it a good field for girls??
12th June 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Can someone please tell me about salary of petroleum engineering for girls? Is there no any other job except the challenging and risky ones?
13th June 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm interested in petroleum engineering but I'm afraid tat it is rare field taken by girls :) so kindly guide me
30th March 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I want to do petrochemical engi but have no ample info as to which college should i chose and which side of this field is good for girls can u sugest me a side of petroluem
15th December 2014, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

presently i am doing B.Tech in petroleum engineering.So, should i continue with this or should i change my branch??? I am in first year. And highly confused regarding my change of branch
19th December 2014, 12:29 PM
PriyaSaxena1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do petrochemical engi but have no ample info as to which college should i chose and which side of this field is good for girls can u sugest me a side of petroluem
Well, I think time has changed now. There is no such field left where girls are not doing well so is the field of Petroleum/Petrochemical. This is equally a good option for girls. In fact many I know many alumni of UPES who are currently placed in national and international companies of repute are girls. For Petroleum related courses UPES Dehradun is one the leading university as it is something this university is known for. Below are a few programs they are offering:

• B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Gas
• B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Upstream
• B.Tech Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals

After completing your engineering you can look forward to the masters degree like MBA in ‘Oil and Gas Management ‘ which will led you to most suitable jobs options which being a girl you would love to do like in Refinery Management, Loyalty Program Management, Gas Business and Marketing, Corporate Planning & Strategy, Operations Management etc.

So, do what you want to do and always remember that there is nothing ‘best’ until you make it for u! Good luck!
19th December 2014, 12:35 PM
PriyaSaxena1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
presently i am doing B.Tech in petroleum engineering.So, should i continue with this or should i change my branch??? I am in first year. And highly confused regarding my change of branch
I think you should not change your field as this is one of the highest paid engineering branches. If you are little concerned about the field jobs you might have to do after completing your engineering, I suggest you to look forward to the masters degree like MBA in ‘Oil and Gas Management ‘ which will led you to most suitable jobs options being a girl you would love to do like in Refinery Management, Loyalty Program Management, Gas Business and Marketing, Corporate Planning & Strategy, Operations Management etc. I know many alumni of UPES Dehradun who are currently placed in national and international companies of repute are girls from Petroleum programs be it Engineering or MBA. Good luck!
9th June 2015, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

is it better to take downstream or upstream in petrochemical engineering for a girl.... also i would like to know whether petrochemical btech from upes dehradun is better or btech in cs from gb pant unviversity pantnagar is better...
23rd July 2015, 05:31 PM
PriyaSaxena1

UPES is quite renowned university and stands higher than gb pant unviversity in terms of placement, infrastructure, facilities, experienced faculty everything so I would suggest to go for it. Moreover, Petroleum programs are flagship programs of UPES so if you are getting it in UPES then don't leave.
3rd July 2017, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

How are the opportunities for a student who completed petroleum engineering and technology from JNTU KAKINADA AP
12th July 2019, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Which one is better petroleum engineering or petrochemical engineering for girls
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?