15th June 2016, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the education criteria required to become a loco pilot?

What is the education criteria required to become a loco pilot? Who can provide me the complete details on this? It will be helpful if someone give me the answer on this as I am not completely aware about the steps which I have to follow.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  2. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot?
  3. How to become a Loco Pilot? Education qualification, examination and duration?
  4. What will be the salary offered for a Indian Railway Engine Driver? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Assistant Loco Pilot? Which exam do I have to write?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Train Engine Driver (Loco Pilot)?
  7. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post?
  8. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  9. How can I become a Loco Pilot?
  10. Which course should I select to become a Loco Pilot after +2?
  11. Which course should I prefer after 10th to become a Loco Pilot? -- [New]
  12. When an Assistant Loco Pilot be promoted to Loco Pilot of Superfast, Luxury and Good train?
  13. Minimum percentage and other qualification required to get job as Loco Pilot?
  14. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  15. Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?
  16. Diploma in Automobile engineering is eligible to get Assistant Loco Pilot or Loco Pilot job?
  17. What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  18. How to become Loco Pilot or Section Engineer in Indian Railways after studying in first year of Mechanical Engineering? Is there any special training required to become Loco Pilot? What is the scope for job in section engineering?
15th June 2016, 08:14 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the education criteria required to become a loco pilot?

The recruitment examination for the post of Loco pilot in Indian Railways is conducted by RRB (railway recruitment board).

Eligibility criteria for Loco Pilot in Indian Railways are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or 12th or diploma in engineering in electrical /mechanical / electronics /automobile engineering.

-The candidate age should be in between 18-30 years. There will be relaxation is in age limit as per the government rules.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the PET and medical test for the qualified candidates.

Application fee:

For open category candidates : Rs. 40/-

There is no need to pay fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women candidates .

Application can be downloaded from the official website.The applicant has to submit offline application form which is available on the official site and send it to the respected RRB with all required documents alongwith examination fees.

Official website of Indian Railways :www.indianrailways.gov.in
15th June 2016, 08:51 PM
vickyhansi

Following are Eligibility Criteria for Loco Pilot:

You should have passed matriculation plus course completed Act Apprenticeship/ITI approved by NCVT/SCVT

Your age should be between 18-30 years.

Age relaxation is given to OBC/SC/ST category candidates.

Selection Process

Written exam

Personal Interview
15th June 2016, 10:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to become Loco Pilot:

A candidate must have completed 10th standard or any diploma course from recognised university.

Candidate must have Indian citizenship.

You have to qualify the exam conducted by railway department for this post.
15th June 2016, 11:57 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

EDUCATION CRITERIA TO BECOME LOCO PILOT

** Candidate must be 10th pass out.

** You should have completed ITI in any discipline from a recognized university.

** The age of candidate must be lie between 18 to 30 years.

** The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of written exam and personal interview.
15th June 2016, 11:59 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

Loco Pilots several types:

Loco Pilot (Mail and Express)

Loco Pilot (Passanger)

Loco Pilot (Goods)

Shunting Loco Pilot

Assistant Locopilot

Eligibility Criteria for Railway Loco Pilot:

Educational Qualification:

Matriculation plus course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI approved by NCVT/ SCVT.

Age limit:

The candidate minimum age limit is 18 years.

The candidate maximum age limit is 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable.

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC.

5 years upper age relaxation for SC\ST.

Candidates who completed the Diploma in Engineering are also eligible.

Selection Process:

Written test

Personal Interview

All the best........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?