31st January 2017, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?

Hello sir, I am in 12th and after it want to get job in Indian Navy. Please tell me what is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  2. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? Which entrance exam should I write?
  3. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy being a Nepal citizen? What is the physical criteria required for the same?
  4. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  5. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria required for Girls to join the Indian Navy? -- [New]
  8. How can a Female candidate join the Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  9. How can I prepare for sailor post? How to become a good sailor of India
  10. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  11. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join NCC in West Bengal? Where should I go for it?
  12. How can I join Indian Navy after class 12?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  14. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Haryana Police after 12th with Science and DCA?
  15. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  16. Procedure to become a Black Cat Commando? Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it?
  17. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam?
  18. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
31st January 2017, 04:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?

You can join Indian Navy through National Defence Academy. NDA entrance examination is conducted twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

*10+2 with PCM subjects. Board appearing candidates can also apply for this examination.

*Age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years.

*You should be unmarried male to apply for this exam.

Physical criteria:

Height, weight and age is correlated. For example, if your are between 16-17 years, your minimum height should be 152 cms and weight 42.5 kgs. Eye should be 6/6.

Necessary books for preparation:

*Mathematics by R.D Sharma for standard 11th and 12th.

*English Grammar by Wren and Martin.

*General Competitive English by Arihant.

*Read daily newspaper for current affairs etc.
31st January 2017, 08:08 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?

Eligibility Criteria and Physical Fitness Required to join Indian Navy:

In order to join Indian Navy, you are required to appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) Entrance Examination. The minimum qualification required for joining Indian Navy is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

For 16 years - 44 kgs

For 18 years - 45 kgs

For 20 years - 46 kgs

Minimum Height required in Centimeters (without shoes) - 152 cms. There is a height relaxation up to 5 cms for Navy where the medical board certified.
31st January 2017, 11:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy:-

To join Indian Navy you have to crack the entrance exam .

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Qualification required to join Indian Navy:-

The candidate must be unmarried Indian male.

The candidate should have passed 12th with the subject of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised board.

The candidate should have posted good physical and mental health

Selection Process:-

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with physical fitness and medical test.

After graduation with Physics, Chemistry and mathematics or a BTech graduate can join Indian Navy through CDS exam.

List of best books for the preparation of entrance exam for Indian Navy:-

Indian Navy (paperback) - By VVK subburaj

Indian Navy Sailors Test

Indian Navy sailor( Coastguard ) Exam

Indian Navy steward Cook and Topaz Exam

Navy Dockyard Appr Exam Guide .
2nd February 2017, 12:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am in 12th and after it want to get job in Indian Navy. Please tell me what is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?
If you fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for Indian Navy exam is 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Best books for NDA exam:-

National Defence Academy Examination
by
Upkar
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

NDA/NA Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Years Question of Mathematics / English / General Ability With Explanatory Solutions
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

NDA & NA Solved Papers
by
GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I have attached a document for physical criteria for NDA exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 39 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?