21st February 2017, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to pursue my studies from IIT Colleges so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for CA admission?
  2. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria?
  3. What is the procedure to apply for AMIE examination? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for admission?
  4. How can I get admission in Sound Engineering? What is the qualification criteria required and what is the procedure?
  5. What is the procedure to apply for PhD in English from KUK University? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  6. Eligibility criteria for getting admission in IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  8. Detail information about procedure, eligibility criteria and minimum marks required to take admission in M.Com at Calcutta University?
  9. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required for admission in Calicut University for pursuing B.Ed Distance course? How can I apply for admission in the University?
  11. What is the admission procedure and eligibility criteria to apply for the course of MSc Psychology
  12. What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in B.Ed?
  13. Which Colleges in India offers B.Sc in Bioforestry? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write for admission?
  14. How to take admission in delhi university B.Tech? What is the admission procedure and eligibility criteria?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in class one? When will be the admission form available for next session?
  16. Eligibility criteria and admission process for getting admission in IIT Delhi for MCA?
  17. When can I apply for admission in M.Phil next year? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the course?
  18. Procedure and Eligibility criteria to get admission for Post graduation in Mass Communication from Jamaia Millia Islamia college?
23rd February 2017, 06:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are known to be one of the best technical colleges in India and across world too.

Being a student of Class 12th to get admission in IITs for undergraduate technical degree course you will have to qualify JEE.

--> JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is held by CBSE for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in CFTIs and other private engineering colleges.

--> Also to be eligible for appearing in JEE for admission in IITs you must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group at least 75% aggregate or that much aggregate that makes you lie within the top 20 percentile candidate of your concerned board of examination.

For more details about JEE you can refer to its official link which is www.jeemain.nic.in.
24th February 2017, 02:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission?

To get the admission in IIT after 12th you have to appear and qualify in both stages of JEE.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by CBSE ( Main stage ) and IIT ( Advanced stage ).

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCM as main paper with minimum 45%. Candidates after qualifying in Main stage will be eligible to appear for Advanced stage if they have scored an aggregate more than 20 percentile score in their respective board examination.

The application form for examination will be available online. There are maximum three attempts to appear for Main stage and two for Advanced stage. For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?