16th November 2016, 05:04 PM
palbiswajit07

What is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Army as a Soldier and serve my Country. I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure and eligibility criteria required to join technical soldier in Indian Army?
  2. What should I do after class 10th to join the Indian Army? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  3. How to join Indian Army as a Jawan or Soldier? What training is required? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What step should I follow to join the Indian Army after completing Mechanical Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Army Officer?
  5. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?
  6. Can I join the Indian Army being a Nepal Citizen at the age of 25 years? What is the eligibility criteria required? -- [New]
  7. How can I join Commando either by going to Indian Army as a soldier and later join as para commando or do I have to attend any exam?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission?
  9. Eligibility criteria of PC(SL) Entry of Indian Army for a Soldier who completed 15 years of service? How to apply for it?
  10. What is the criteria to join Indian Army as a soldier?
  11. What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  12. How to become a Sniper in Indian Army?
  13. Age criteria to join Indian Army as a Soldier for MBBS (4th year) student
  14. What is the salary of an Indian Army Soldier?
  15. How can a girl join the Indian Army after completing BA? What are the qualification and Physical criteria required?
  16. Which wings of Army is best for 12th with Science holder? Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for it?
  17. How can I join the Indian Army in the Medical field? What is the qualification criteria required?
  18. Minimum qualification required to join Indian Army Soldiers Post?
18th November 2016, 12:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by palbiswajit07 View Post
Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Army as a Soldier and serve my Country. I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of 10th standard, you can join Indian Army in GD post.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard are eligible for GD post in Indian Army but you age should be in between 17 to 26 years.

After completion of 12th standard, you can join Indian Army through NDA exam. If you have completed graduation degree from recognized University then you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.
18th November 2016, 12:27 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier?

To join Indian Army as a soldier you basically have to first qualify the Rally for the recruitment and further the Common Entrance Examination.

For recruitment for general arm duty, you need to be a Class 10th passed Indian candidate with 33% marks with your age lying within 17.5 years to 21 years.

Apart from these are few more options of joining Indian Army at different posts according to your qualifications which you can check from the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

Also for your recruitment as Defense officer in Indian Army you have the options of entry through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) and CDS ( Combined Defense Services ). For details about these you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th November 2016, 06:32 PM
Sweet6
Junior Member+

Eligibility Criteria:-

You must have a qualified with 10+2.There is no percentage considered in case candidate has passed with higher qualification.

Age Criteria:-

Age should be in between 17.5 to 21 years.

Physical criteria:-

Height - 165 cm

Chest - 77 cm

Weight - 48 kg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?