30th August 2012, 04:25 PM
Rinku Prem

What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the percentage required for IAS exam?

What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the percentage required for IAS exam?

1st September 2012, 01:53 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the percentage required for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku Prem View Post
To become IAS officer, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Every year. The notification of this examination is published in the month of February every year and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

--->> You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline to apply for this examination. No percentage is required to apply for this exam.
--->> Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination
--->> Your age should between 21 to 30 years
--->> Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you have fulfill the above mentioned Eligibility criteria then you are eligible for this examination.

When the notification published it will be updated in the employment newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination. If you cracked this exam then you are eligible for Mains. preliminary examination is objective paper with negative marking.

So, wait for the next year exam notification and then apply online and for more details you can check official website.
1st September 2012, 02:24 AM
shadab879

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the percentage required for IAS exam?

Hello,
One can become an IAS officer by clearing civil service exam conducted by UPSC. The academic qualifications required to appear for the civil servrce exam are:
#graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from any UGC recognised university.
#One must be a citizen of India.
#One mus lie between the age of 21 years to 30 years. There is 3 years of relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

The exam is divided into two phase. One is prelims and the other is mains. After you clear these round then you have to clear the interview round. Once you clear the interview round then you can become as IAS/IPS/IFS officer depending on your rank. Best of luck.
1st September 2012, 09:16 AM
subbu498

Quote:
--->> You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline to apply for this examination. No percentage is required to apply for this exam.
--->> Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination
--->> Your age should between 21 to 30 years
--->> Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
1st September 2012, 12:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific exam as IAS exam, to become an IS(Indian Administrative Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam by applying and appearing for it which is conducted by UPSC every year.

There is no percentage of marks required for application to Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2012, 12:29 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

ias eligibility :

21 to 30 years

age relaxation :

for obc:
for sc/st:

education qualification : you have to clear graduation in any subject with at least 60%

no. of attempts:

general:4
sc/st:no limit
obc: 7

IAS exam syllabus:

http://http://www.newrecruitments.co...nce-books.aspx

more details visit:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2012, 03:42 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

There is no percentage required for IAS

Eligibility Criteria for IAS : -

** You must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university

** Your age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates as per norms

** You should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure : -

** Preliminary Exam

** Mains Exam

** Interview.........etc.......

all the best
5th September 2012, 05:39 PM
div29

Dear friend,

To become an IAS officer you ahve to appear in the civil services exam conducted by the UPSC.

the following is the eligibility criteria:
a)AGE:
general category:21 to 30 years
obc:21 to 33 years
sc/st:21 to 35 years.
A candidate must have attained 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1 august in the year of examination

b)QUALIFICATION:
the candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures of india or declared to be deemed as university under section 3 of the UGC act 1956.
c)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
general categort:4 attempts
obc: 7 attempts
sc/st: unlimited attempts

i have attached the syllabus of CSAt examination with this post.

hope it is clear

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 62 views)
15th November 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

civil service exams consist questions on whic subjects ?
26th November 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I have aggregate 51 % in last year with kt . it means i am a pass class. Can i appear for upsc?
27th November 2012, 01:08 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

To become an IAS officer you muct crack the UPSC CSAT exam. CSAT exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year. there is no percentage limit to appear for this exam.

Eligibility Criteria is

should be graduate from a recognized university in any stream
(marks or percentage doesn't matter)
Final year candidate are also eligible for this exam

age should be 21 to 30 years
age relaxation for OBC candidate 3 years
age relaxation for SC/ST candidate 5 years
27th November 2012, 01:35 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility for IAS exam? What is the percentage required for IAS exam?

Quote:
hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:
  • A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
  • General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
[*]Preliminary Exam.[*]Main Exam[*]Interview[/LIST]
13th December 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the educational qualification for ias examination
17th December 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Have any chaching centers in assam for ias exam?
4th January 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi..this is Abhishek. M.C.
I am studying BE(mechanical) 2 year
I want ask you HOW I SHOULD PREPARE NOW TO PASS PRELIMINARY TEST AND WHICH ARE THE SUBJECT S FOR ENGINEERING STUDENTS
8th March 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

is distance education degree holder eligible for ias
11th March 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria of education for IAS examination? Is it mandatory to have 60%at graduation level?
11th March 2013, 07:05 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Eligibility For UPSC CIvil Services Exams:

Educational Qualification :
Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit :
General Category -Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years
OBC-Minimum 21 years and Maximum 33 years
SC/ST-Minimum 21 years and Maximum 35 years

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times
4th May 2013, 03:38 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e. Indian Administrative Exam.IAS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
To become IAS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 10th complete 11th & 12th,then complete Graduation from a recognized university.

Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.Ther is no percentage criteria for IAS exam.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

For preparation of IAS exam.You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th December 2013, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Yamuna
I am studying 3 rd year BE civil how can I apply for ias exam what is the procedure for it
3rd May 2014, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

HI I AM KAVYA DHARSHINI OF 6TH .MY AIM IS TO BECOME AN I.A.S. SO I HAVE LOOK AFTER THESE WEBPAGE IT IS VERY USEFUL TO ME
19th February 2018, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have got percentage 67% in 10th and 62%in 12th and 45% in B.Sc. and 69.75% in MCA so can I give IAS exam? Because I have no idea about criteria of IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?