13th January 2018, 05:29 AM
Cs93

What is the eligibility to join Income Tax department as an officer?

I am graduate from EIILM University. What do I need to do further to become income tax officer? Is my graduation from this university enough or I will have to study further?

Related Questions:

15th January 2018, 02:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to join Income Tax department as an officer?

You can join Income Tax Department through Civil Services examination. Top IRS officers are selected for this department.

Qualification for Civil Services exam:

~~Graduation from a recognized university.

~~Age limit of 21-32 years.

After qualifying all stages of Civil Services, you can join Indian Revenue Services to become Income tax officer.

15th January 2018, 06:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to join Income Tax department as an officer?

Yes, graduation qualification is sufficient to join Income tax department as an officer.

The become officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. So, you have to do better preparation to qualify in all stages of examination.

The notification will be available in February for 2018. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

15th January 2018, 06:50 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to join Income Tax department are:-

Candidate must have graduation degree from any recognized university.

The minimum age required to apply for Income Tax is 21 years.

Maximum age limit are:- 30 years

No. of attempts:-
GEN - 4 attempts
OBC - 7 attempts
SC/ST - no limits

TO become Income Tax Officer, you have to apply for UPSC examination, or Income Tax Department also release independent vacancies.

16th January 2018, 12:47 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Income Tax Officer post is reputed post.

- For Officers of Group-A level post you have to take UPSC exam.

- All graduate are eligible for this post.

- Age limit: 21-30 years.

- Age for OBC: 21-33 years.

- Age for SC/ST: 21-35 years.

For Income Tax Inspector you have to take SSC CGL exam.

- Eligibility is same: any stream graduation.

- Age limit some different: below 27 years.

- For OBC: below 30 years.

- For SC/ST: Below 32 years.

Selection process:

1. Tier-1 exam.

2. Tier-T exam.

3. Personal interview.
Www.ssc.nic.in

17th January 2018, 04:28 PM
Ramabai L

To become an Income Tax officer

- A person who wants to write the Income Tax officer exam should complete his/her graduation from an approved colleges or university by Union Grants Commission(UGC).

- Maximum age is 27 and minimum is 18.
- Age relaxation is given, 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST candidates.
- Written exam has two different sections, first is Tier I and the next is Tier II

TIER I

Duration of Tier I is 2 hours and the subjects belongs to this exam are
-> General Intelligence and Reasoning.
-> General Awareness
-> Numerical Aptitude
-> English Comprehension

- Tier I total marks 200 is equally divided to the given subjects and one who qualified in Tier I is eligible for the Tier II exam.

TIER II

- Duration of the exam is 4 hours and the subjects are

-> Arithmetical Abilities
-> English Languge and Comprehension

- Total marks 200 and each subject have equal marks.

- Candidates can get 1 mark for every correct answer and at the same time, they will lose 0.25 marks to every wrong answer.

Interview

- The last selection is an interview, to check the candidate's personality, about Incom Tax Department, Corruption, related to Taxation.

- Skill Test contains 100 marks, candidates qualify through typing Data Entry Skill if they have the ability to type 2000 words per 15minutes.

- This test conducts at the Regional/ Sub Regional Office of Staff Selection Office Commission.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 04:09 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?