8th June 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the IPS selection procedure? Minimum qualification for this job?

i am from a village namely Kuteena and want to become an I.P.S. officer. I am post graduate in English from L.B.S. college, Kotputli. i am 29 years old right now and working in NGO fields. Please inform me about I.P.S. selection procedure and minimum qualifications for this job. i am study regularly magazines and moreover i am married and have two daughters, please inform me that can i continually do my preparation or i am in rejection criteria.

10th June 2012, 09:23 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the IPS selection procedure? Minimum qualification for this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am from a village namely Kuteena and want to become an I.P.S. officer. I am post graduate in English from L.B.S. college, Kotputli. i am 29 years old right now and working in NGO fields. Please inform me about I.P.S. selection procedure and minimum qualifications for this job. i am study regularly magazines and moreover i am married and have two daughters, please inform me that can i continually do my preparation or i am in rejection criteria.
For Indian Police Service and specifically for the position of Officer, one must have completed Bachelors Degree program in any discipline from a recognized university and should have completed the age of twenty one years and must not be over thirty years. (33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category candidates).

Candidates are selected for the Indian Police Service only after they qualify Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Candidates either married or unmarried are eligible if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria mentioned above. So, as per your qualification, your age and even being a married person, you are eligible to apply for the Civil Service Examination qualifying which will enable you to become an Officer in the Indian Police Service.

The Civil Service Examination comprise of two stages of written examination and an interview. Qualifying each stage of the examination is mandatory to be considered eligible for the next stage.

The First stage of the Civil Service Examination is known as Preliminary Exam whereas the next stage of written examination is known as Main Exam and is followed by an Interview. Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam is not considered while making the final merit list. So, it is basically a qualifier for the next level of the Civil Service Examination. This stage of the examination comprise of two compulsory papers whereas the Main Exam comprise of both Compulsory as well as Optional Papers.

For more information regarding the Civil Service Examination and in order to keep yourself updated , refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
24th June 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the IPS selection procedure? Minimum qualification for this job?

sir, is it compulsory for a person to have a certificate of ncc or sports,who want to be an ips or intelligence officer?
4th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

ips selection
24th January 2013, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the basic height recurit for ips?
12th February 2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

what is main study.
7th March 2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

i am in 9th class and i want to become an i.p.s. officer so when i shall start training for it ,hindi is necessary for it and if i take science shall i become an ips and what graduation should itake B .tech,B.A. OR B.com
8th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I am N K Kharkhadia i belongs to tankri village in rewar disttic
i am pursuing b pharmacy can i become an ips officer and please
tell me how i can prepare for ips exam
10th March 2013, 11:53 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum qualification for the it is:

* You have passed graduation in any field from recognized university.

* Age limit 21-30 ys.

And the selection procedure for it is:

* Written Prelims and the one who clear it go for next round,,

* Mains which is also written and then final round,,,

* Interview..
11th March 2013, 05:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Qualification for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Physical Requirement for IPS aspirant:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST - Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection procedure is through two phases of written exams followed by Personal Interview.

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service Exam is called for a Preliminary Exam also called as CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test.

The candidate selected out of CSAT will be called for Civil Service Main Exam and the final selection is through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

for getting select for ips there are two exam one is csat prelimenery and one is civil service main exam , so i want to know is that both the exam is written exam??????//
10th November 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir myself chandler shekhar from yamunanagar
Is physical test is also done?
10th February 2014, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I am pratik bansode i am in 11th std i want to become an ips officer i am tikwando player and very hard practice and i am now 17 year
27th October 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

I m of 19 years and pursuing ca and b.com and want to be ips officer after doing ca and b.com . I m eligible for ips examination?
27th May 2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

I have alredy Indian army job.New I wand to aplay IPS. What I do?
5th July 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

As i gathered information about the IPS i get that we can apply after completing the graduation with any stream but i want to know that which stream is best for the preparation (Science / Humanity / Commerce)....
As i had completed my 2 with PCB n now i want to complete my graduation by B.A is it helpful for that or not...?????
13th October 2015, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I am Srinivasa rao.A from Vishakapatnam.I am 29 years old and completed graduation in Batchlor of physiotherapy.I am having spinal cord problem.please give information about am I eligible for civil services without having physically handicapped certificate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?