21st February 2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required to apply for JEE Main exam?

Respected Sir, I will be completing my class 12th after 2 years. I want to apply for JEE Main exam so I want to know what is the minimum age required to apply for JEE Main exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main at the age of 16 years old being an OBC candidate?
  3. What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th JAC Board to apply for JEE Main exam?
  4. Can a Nepali student apply for JEE Main? Eligibility criteria for NRI students and documents required for it?
  5. Can I give JEE Main 2017 at the age of 16 years and 6 months?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?
  7. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  8. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  9. Eligibility for appearing in JEE 2017
  10. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  11. Minimum percentage required to apply for JEE Main & Advanced in 12th Bihar Board exam?
  12. Am I eligible to write JEE Advanced in 2017?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NIT and IIT if I get 100 marks in JEE Mains but have only 59 percentage marks in 12th? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Minimum marks required in 12th BSEB and JEE Main to study in NIT?
  16. Cutoff marks required to qualify in JEE Main for OBC candidates?
  17. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  18. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time?
24th February 2017, 09:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for JEE Main exam?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in B.Tech or B.Arch degree courses in any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

--> JEE is held once every year by CBSE in two satges which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in JEE Main are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years ( 30 years in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. There is no minimum age limit.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group from a recognized board for pursuing B.tech/ B.E. degree course where as for pursuing B.Arch you must have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics as one of the subject from a recognized board.

Further to be eligible for admission in either of these courses in CFTIs your aggregate in your Class 12th must be at least 75% or that much aggregate that makes you lie among the top 20 percentile candidate of your concerned board of examination.

For more details about JEE Main you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
24th February 2017, 10:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum age criteria specified by CBSE for candidates to appear in JEE Main examination. The maximum age limit to appear in JEE Main examination is 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. So, if you have passed 12th standard from a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
24th February 2017, 10:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum age limit to appear for JEE.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. As, there are only three attempts to appear for Main ( 1st attempt will be year of appearing for board examination and other two attempts will be in next two consecutive year).

But, there is maximum age limit for appearing in examination as 25 years.
24th February 2017, 11:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the examination is conducted for admission of candidates in IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges.

There is no minimum age limit to appear for examination as candidates passed 12th or appearing for board examination are eligible.

The maximum age limit is 25 years as on 1st October of year of appearing for examination.

Also there are only three attempts to appear for Mains and two for Advanced stage.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
24th February 2017, 11:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I will be completing my class 12th after 2 years. I want to apply for JEE Main exam so I want to know what is the minimum age required to apply for JEE Main exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
25th February 2017, 01:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same examination is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical degree courses in GFTIs ( Government Funded Technical Institutes ) and other private engineering colleges of India.

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for appearing in JEE then for appearing in JEE age of candidate must be under 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she is going to appear in the examination. Further age relaxation of 5 years is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD category. There in no minimum age limit for the same examination.

For more detailed information regarding JEE you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
25th February 2017, 08:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The CBSE Board has not specified any minimum age criteria required to apply for JEE Main examination. Any candidate who has passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you will complete your 12th standard after 2 years, so, once, you complete your 12th standard from a recognised board, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination.
25th February 2017, 08:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by CBSE every year. JEE has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is first stage followed by Advanced exam.

There is no minimum age limit. Any candidate who appear for 12th board exams with PCM subject or who have passed can apply for this entrance examination for admission in engineering.
8th April 2018, 10:18 AM
prabhaguptaedu

The CBSE haven't specified the minimum age criteria to apply for JEE exam. Any candidate who has passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognized board are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination. But there is an age relaxation for ST, SC, PWD candidates of 5 years. You cannot be more 25 year, while apply for JEE exam. For more details about JEE eligibility will recommend you to visit Aglasem website.
8th April 2018, 10:21 AM
prabhaguptaedu

There is no minimum age criteria for appearing in JEE main exam, but you should not be more than 25 years. Any candidate you have passed his 12th with PCM or equivalent from recognized CBSE board are eligible for JEE main exam. You can also visit Aglasem for more details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?