26th May 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

What optional subjects can I choose for prelims exam after finishing B.Tech IT?

Hi i've finished B.Tech (IT), what optinal subjects can i choose for the prelims exam? kindly answer..

Related Questions:
16th September 2015, 12:32 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What optional subjects can I choose for prelims exam after finishing B.Tech IT?

From my point of view, I think you are asking about the UPSC optional subject selection for the B.Tech IT candidate. But you should now that there is no optional subjects in preliminary examination.

Preliminary examination has two papers, first paper is the General Studies Paper and second paper is the Civil Services Aptitude test. From 2015 onwards, CSAT is made qualifying. You only need to score only 33% marks in this exam. Selection for mains exam is done on the basis of General studies paper.

There is no such stream related subjects for information technology candidate. You should select Public Administration or Political Science and International Relation as optional subjects. These subjects are more scoring.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?