26th May 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

What optional subjects can I choose for prelims exam? I have finished B.Tech IT

Hi i've finished B.Tech (IT), what optinal subjects can i choose for the prelims exam? kindly answer..

Related Questions:
27th May 2012, 09:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What optional subjects can I choose for prelims exam? I have finished B.Tech IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i've finished B.Tech (IT), what optinal subjects can i choose for the prelims exam? kindly answer..

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC for recruitment top administrative job such as IAS and IPS in various Department under Central Govt.

Those candidate are completed graduation degree from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for Civil Service Exam exam.But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

So after B-TECH in IT you are applicable for Civil service Preliminary exam.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

If you want go for Preliminary exam you must choose the optional subject from below given list.There is no subject for IT related so you can choose as your strength which are score able and easy to understand.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM=>

But from my point of view the scoring subject are- History , Geography , Pol science , Sociology etc.

For this year CSAT exam date already over so you can try for next year through below given link.So you have enough time to prepare for CSAT exam.

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details of IAS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

27th May 2012, 11:49 AM
VIVEK2525

Default Re: What optional subjects can I choose for prelims exam? I have finished B.Tech IT

hi friends,
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC for recruitment top administrative job such as IAS and IPS in various Department under Central Govt.

Those candidate are completed graduation degree from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for Civil Service Exam exam.But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

So after B-TECH in IT you are applicable for Civil service Preliminary exam.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

If you want go for Preliminary exam you must choose the optional subject from below given list.There is no subject for IT related so you can choose as your strength which are score able and easy to understand.

thanks
27th May 2012, 12:42 PM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
you cant choose any optional paper in the preliminary exam of union public service commision (upsc) the paper is common for all the applicants.
you can only choose the optional paper in main exam, after clearing the preliminary test.
you can opt any of the paper among of them:
science:
1. physics.
2. chemistry.
3. mathematics.
4. botany.
5. zoology.
6. anthropology.
7. civil engineering.
8. mechanical engineering.
9. medical sciences.
10. electrical engineering.
management:
1. management.
2. economics.
3. accountancy.
4. statistics.
5. public administration
language:
1. hindi.
2. english.
3. sanskrit.
4. urdu.
5. persian.
6. assamese.
7. bengali.
8. cheneese.
9. german.
10. gujrati.
11. kannada.
12. kashmiri.
13. punjabi.
14. russian.
15. nepali.
16. oriya.
17. pali.
18. sindhi.
19. maithili.
20. malyalam.
arts:
1. history.
2. geography.
3. psychology.
4. philosophy.
5. political science.
6. sociology.
7. geology.
8. law.
after clearing this main exam you will be called for interview and if were selected then you will join the civil services.
all the best.
27th May 2012, 12:47 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
As you are asking for preliminary exam that is Civil Service exam , The eligibility criteria
are as follows......

The optional subjects For preliminarily exam are as follows......

For more details visit website .
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
27th May 2012, 12:57 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Civil Service exams conducted by the upsc once in a year.
Civil service exams like IAS,IPS etc.

There are two optional subjects for prelims examination.

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS PRELIMS:

Economics

Commerce

Zoology

Electrical Engineering

Geology

Geography

History

Law management

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Psychology

Physics

Political Science

International Relations

Public Adminstration

Sociology

Statistics

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry

Veterinary Sciences

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Accountancy

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
27th May 2012, 01:20 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Preliminary Exam is the Ist phase of selection process of Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year for selection of IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. for various Dept. under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree or pass in any stream of education within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

As you have finished B.Tech. in I.T., you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. But there is no optional subject for I.T. in Preliminary exam.

From Engineering subjects there are Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering stream. So it is better to choose high scoring subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, Sociology etc. in preliminary exam.

For more details you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th May 2012, 06:06 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friend,
The Combine graduate level examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission every year. The examination is conducted for the various officer's rank job in central government.
The examination consist of three steps
1)Preliminary Examination
2)Main Examination
3)Personal Interview

The Preliminary Examination consist of the following
Reasoning
General Knowledge
Mathematics
English

This paper is common for all and you will not get any optional subjects for this examination.
You will have optional subjects in the Main Examination. You can get the detail about the optional subjects in the website http://ssc.gov.in.

Best Wishes.....
31st May 2012, 06:21 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

You can select any of the subjects that interests you.
It will easier to prepare for the engineering subjects as you already have the conceptual knowledge in this area.It is not neccessory to select only engineering subjects.

If you are interested in literature you can choose fron 20 regional languages.If you not interested in selecting literature you have 25 different areas to select from.

You can visit the Union Public Service Commission site to know about the various options available .Details about the syllabus of these subjects is also provided.

All the best.................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?