10th March 2012, 03:30 PM
engineerritesh

What is the PSU entrance exams? What is the date? I have done Chemical Engineering

I am Ritesh Kumar, I have done chemical engineering. I have no idea about PSU exams and its dates. Please give me details

Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply and important dates of PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student?
  2. Recruitment exams to get job in PSU for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  3. Details of all PSU exams which are held?
  4. Good preparatory books for PSU exams recruiting chemical engineers? PSU's which recruit chemical engineers?
  5. How to crack PSU exams?Books for PSU and GATE exam for B.Tech Chemical Engineering?
  6. Details about PSU's for chemical engineering? Is there any syllabus of PSY for chemical engineering?
  7. How to prepare for PSU exams? Date of PSU exam? How to apply for it?
  8. Can a chemical engineering student write PSU exam? From where to buy the form? Which exams to write other than GATE?
  9. Am I eligible for PSU exam if I have done B.Tech Chemical Engineering?
  10. What all books should i refer to appear for PSU? I am a student of chemical engineering
  11. Am I eligible for PSU companies after doing B.Tech in Chemical Technology
  12. Date of PSU entrance exam and date of sale of forms?
  13. What are the different entrance exams which we need to give to do M.Tech in Chemical Engineering in abroad?
  14. List of all PSU companies in India and their Entrance Exams for Jobs -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the date of PSU entrance exam?
  16. Date of PSU entrance exams for B.Tech EEE final years students? Date of sale of forms?
  17. Which are the PSU companies who recruit Chemical Engineering Students and pay more than 5 Lakh per annum? Scope of Chemical Engineering in India for a B.Tech Chemical Engineering Student?
  18. Date of PSU exam? Date of sale of PSU application form?
8th August 2012, 06:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the PSU entrance exams? What is the date? I have done Chemical Engineering

PSU means Public Sector Undertakings. There are more than 100 government owned companies in India which we refer as Public Sector Undertakings. To get jobs in these public sector undertaking companies, candidate is required to appear in a written test.

There are plenty of jobs for Engineers in the Public Sector Undertaking. Each year PSU publishes ad post notifying eligible candidates about job vaccancies in the company. There is no specific date of these exams. You will have to check about the PSU exams either online or in leading newspaper. These jobs have their own requirement which each candidate is required to meet before appearing in the written test.

Those who do well in the written test are called for the interview after which they get the job. This is the entire process which is followed by every single Public Sector Undertaking company to offer jobs.

Eligibility for PSU Job

Candidate must be Indian Citizen

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Your qualification should be B.Tech with at least 60 percent marks.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST get relaxation on age limit and percentage.

A valid GATE score is also very important these days while applying for the job in PSU. Your GATE score would play major factor during the selection process. Candidates who have performed extremely well in the GATE exam may be called for the direct interview and perhaps won't require to sit in written test.

Exam Patter:

First thing you should know about the PSU entrance exam is that each company has its own exam which could be different from others. The first part of the entrance exam is written test. There are mainly around 150 to 200 questions in the test. You would be given 2 – 2½ hours to complete the test. You need to answer each question very carefully because of ¼ negative marking on each wrong answer.

The written test of the PSU is divided into 4 sections:

i) Technical

ii) Aptitude & Reasoning

iii) English & RC

iv) General Awareness & current affairs

Around 75 percent questions are technical related while Aptitude & Reasoning, English and others make up for remaining 25 percent questions.

Once you have completed the written test. The next stage would be Interview. In the interview company will check your technical knowledge at the same time about your work experience, hobbies etc.

This is the process you will have to go through to get job in Public Sector Undertakings.
8th August 2012, 07:45 PM
siddjain93

Default Re: What is the PSU entrance exams? What is the date? I have done Chemical Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerritesh View Post
I am Ritesh Kumar, I have done chemical engineering. I have no idea about PSU exams and its dates. Please give me details

Thanks
PSU stands for Public Sector Unit. There are various government companies in India which comes under Public Sector Unit. PSU recruits various engineering candidates from different disciplines. In order to get job in PSU you have to appear in their individual entrance exam. After clearing written exam you have to appear in Interview.

ELIGIBILITY FOR PSU ENTRANCE EXAM-

1- Your age must be in between 21 to 30 years.
2- You must have minimum 60% marks in B.Tech.
3- You must have valid GATE score.

PSU COMPANIES FOR CHEMICAL STUDENTS-

ONGC
INDIAN OIL
NTPC
HPCL
SAIL
GAIL
9th August 2012, 04:09 PM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

Thumbs down Re: What is the PSU entrance exams? What is the date? I have done Chemical Engineering

PSU means Public Sector Undertakings. There are more than 100 government owned companies in India which we refer as Public Sector Undertakings. To get jobs in these public sector undertaking companies, candidate is required to appear in a written test.

There are plenty of jobs for Engineers in the Public Sector Undertaking. Each year PSU publishes ad post notifying eligible candidates about job vaccancies in the company. There is no specific date of these exams. You will have to check about the PSU exams either online or in leading newspaper. These jobs have their own requirement which each candidate is required to meet before appearing in the written test.

Those who do well in the written test are called for the interview after which they get the job. This is the entire process which is followed by every single Public Sector Undertaking company to offer jobs.

Eligibility for PSU Job

Candidate must be Indian Citizen

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Your qualification should be B.Tech with at least 60 percent marks.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST get relaxation on age limit and percentage.

A valid GATE score is also very important these days while applying for the job in PSU. Your GATE score would play major factor during the selection process. Candidates who have performed extremely well in the GATE exam may be called for the direct interview and perhaps won't require to sit in written test.
31st August 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE PSU EXAM FOR STATE BANKS?
31st August 2012, 11:55 PM
sanjay08cs46
Member+

The written test of the PSU is divided into 4 sections:
-Technical
-Aptitude & Reasoning
-English
-General Awareness

Some PSU for you are:
ONGC
INDIAN OIL
NTPC
HPCL
SAIL
GAIL
5th September 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

wat are the PSU companies for ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING?
23rd December 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide a list of PSU's that have their own examinations i.e. the companies that don't require a valid GATE score ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?