8th February 2016, 11:32 AM
sureka patil

What is the qualification needed to write IAS, IPS and KAS exams?

What is the qualification needed to write IAS exam? I am studying B.E.....i'm complete B.E in 5 years bcz one year year back so i'm complete B.E in 5 years so i'm eligible to write IAS AND IPS AND KAS exams...???? please reply sir...

8th February 2016, 04:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification needed to write IAS, IPS and KAS exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureka patil View Post
What is the qualification needed to write IAS exam? I am studying B.E.....i'm complete B.E in 5 years bcz one year year back so i'm complete B.E in 5 years so i'm eligible to write IAS AND IPS AND KAS exams...???? please reply sir...
After completion of B.E degree, you are eligible for IAS, IPS exam through Civil Service Examination.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

After completion of B.E degree, you can also apply for KAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification are eligible for KAS exam. Candidate who appear in the final exam of the degree qualification may also appear.

Your age should be in between 21 to 35 years.

Attempts limit:-

Unlimited number of attempts in case of candidate belongs to SC/ST
7 attempts in case of candidate belongs Other backward caste.
5 attempts to General merit candidates.
8th February 2016, 05:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For IAS and IPS, Civil Services exam is held every year by UPSC. For Karnataka Administrative Services, KPSC conducts entrance exam.

Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is minimum academic qualification for both these exams. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can apply for both exams even if you have one year back in engineering.
8th February 2016, 07:27 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination. For recruitment as IAS, IPS you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with the relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and candidate after qualifying in all three stages of examination become eligible for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th February 2016, 11:58 AM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What is the qualification needed to write IAS, IPS and KAS exams?

IAS and IPS examinations comes under the Civil Services examinations and there are some specific eligibility criteria which are required to appear for these Civil services such as

Required Qualifications for IAS & IPS:
  1. Should have completed the Bachelor degree or Graduation at least with any of the specification in any of the discipline with at least 55% of the marks
  2. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years age relaxations are as per the government specifications
  3. Should belong to the Citizen of India only
  4. There are some specific number of attempts to be made such as General- 4 times,OBC-7 times ,SC | ST - un limited times

These are some specific eligibility criteria to appear for the IAS | IPS Examination

KAS is the Karnataka Administrative Services examination which is conducted by the Karnataka State and there are some specific eligibility criteria available for appearing for KAS such as
  • Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 35 years of age limit
  • Should have passed masters or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study

These are the minimum eligibility for KAS examination
13th July 2016, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Can apply for civil service exams with correspondence bachelor's degree from recognised university.?
1st June 2020, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Diploma in civil engineering eligible IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?