23rd August 2017, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required to become an IPS Officer?

What is the qualification required to become an IPS Officer? It's my goal to become an IPS officer, so kindly give me the best suggestions which would help me to reach my goal. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon as possible. Thank you!

25th August 2017, 03:43 AM
starberry

Default Re: What is the qualification required to become an IPS Officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year.

Eligibility criteria is as follows

Education Qualification
Bachelor's degree in any field from recognized university with minimum of 55% marks

Age Limit
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years

Physical Criteria
Height- Minimum 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women
Minimum Chest Girth - Men- 84 cm and Women- 79 cm
Hypermyopia - must not exceed plus 4.00 D
Myopia - must not exceed minus 4.00D
Squint eyes are disqualified
Specs are allowed
Corrected distant vision- 6/6 or 6/9
Uncorrected distant vision- 6/12 or 6/9

Exam Pattern

Exam is conducted in 3 stages. First exam is Preliminary exam of 400 marks which consist of 2 paper each of 200 marks. If you clear it, then Main exam and interview are conducted. Aggregate marks of the two are put on the merit list of the students who clear the exam.
25th August 2017, 07:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline from a recognized regular or open university.

* For this wing of Civil Services, you must satisfy some certain physical fitness requirement norms.

As far as you are concerned about the ways to qualify the same examination then I would like to let you know that Civil Services examination is regarded as the toughest examination and hence its preparation should start as soon as possible. And in my view you should start with basics by working on your vocabulary, general studies and current affairs which can be achieved by going through the newspapers like The Hindu. Further you should go through the NCERT books of social studies from Class V onwards. For more proper assistance you can refer to some coaching center providing preparation tips for same examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the links www.upsc.gov.in.
25th August 2017, 09:30 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. The qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam. Minimum of passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for this exam.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

There are six attempts for open category candidates, nine for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates. If you are graduate then you can apply Civil Services exam of 2018.
25th August 2017, 11:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For selection as an I.P.S officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

But, other than required qualification you need to qualify in all three stages ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview ) stages for final selection. So, you need to prepare for examination with a proper strategy, determination and dedication.

For detail information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th August 2017, 11:45 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become Indian Police Service officer you have to qualify in Civil Service examination.

To achieve your goal you have to prepare for examination with determination, dedication, devotion.

The eligibility to appear in examination is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you must start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of examination. The detail regarding examination procedure will get you from UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?