2nd August 2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

What are the entrance exams I need to write or get prepared for doing Ph.D course?

I have done M.B.A. in finance(major) and marketing(minor). I want to join phd programme in management from garhwal university .please give me the details about entrance exam date and about the course.? It would be really helpful for me if you can give me the answer!

3rd August 2015, 11:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the entrance exams I need to write or get prepared for doing Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.B.A. in finance(major) and marketing(minor). I want to join phd programme in management from garhwal university .please give me the details about entrance exam date and about the course.? It would be really helpful for me if you can give me the answer!
You have completed MBA in Finance so you are eligible for Ph.D course from Garhwal University but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

Educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
3rd August 2015, 05:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the entrance exams I need to write or get prepared for doing Ph.D course?

In order to apply for Ph.D after MBA you need to have the following below mentioned degrees/Documents;

> PG qualification in MBA with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.

> Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam qualification will be however, entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

However, most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D courses, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.
3rd August 2015, 06:02 PM
@bhijeetearns

Hi............,

MBA degree is a professional degree ,due to which you are not eligible for P.hd course currently. If you have also completed M.COM apparently then only you are eligible for the phd entrance is this is a master degree.You can also try qualifying TET exam and can enter the phd course laterly.
For preparation of P.hd you need to qualify JRF exam where according to the rank you will get college. You can also try applying your local university ,universities also conduct examination on private basis.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?