1st October 2012, 04:12 PM

What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?

I am study science in class xi.I want to be an I.P.S officer.What should I follow?

1st October 2012, 06:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?

What you need to do next is complete graduation. You can pick any course that you like. Some examples are BA, B.com, B.Sc etc. It does not matter. What matters is that you complete a graduation course to be eligible for IPS entrance exam.

Apart from that you will also need to ensure that you meet the physical requirements. Make sure you meet the height requirement because if you don't then there is no way for you to appear for the Civil Service Examination. There are other requirements like vision and chest. You can watch less television to ensure that you don't burn out the eyesight before the IPS medical exam.

Please check the eligibility section below for more details about all the requirements related to Civil Service Exam for IPS officer.

Eligibility

1. You must be citizen of India.

2. A graduation degree from a recognized university.

3. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. Age limit for OBC is 21 to 33 years.

5. For SC/ST its 21 to 35 years.

Physical Requirements

Height:

Male: 165 cm (General) and 160 (ST)

Female: 150 cm (General) and 145 cm (ST)

Chest:

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for the good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for the worst eye

There should be no color and night blindness.
1st October 2012, 10:23 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am study science in class xi.I want to be an I.P.S officer.What should I follow?

IPS stands for Indian police Service

>> To serve in the Indian Police Service one has to pass the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, every year.

>> This examination is a common examination conducted for selection to the other two All India Services as well as various other Group A and Group B services under the Central Government.

>> This examination consists of three stages. At stage one, there is an objective type examination called the Preliminary examination. This is a qualifying examination and only the candidates who clears this can appear for the next stage called the Main examination.

>> In the Main examination each candidate has to select two optional subjects, apart from which all candidates have to take a General Studies, Essay and compulsory language exam.

>> The Main examination is a very intensive subjective type examination for which marks are awarded. A shortlist is prepared on the basis of the Main examination and these candidates can compete in the third and final stage of exam called the Viva voce or the Interview.

>> The marks of the Main examination and the Interview are combined to prepare a final merit list of selected candidates.

Eligibility and Criteria:

• A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.

Age limit:

• General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

• General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
  1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Physical Requirement:

• Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
  • Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
  • Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
  • Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
2nd October 2012, 12:19 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?

hello dear,
To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.

good luck
2nd October 2012, 12:23 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?

hello dear,
To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.

good luck
4th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is NITANT PATEL I am graduate in B.Com.How can I become an IPS Officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?