10th September 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing PG to become IAS Officer?

I doing m.com final this year so what should i do after complete my p.g for become an ias officer ?
Please guide asap!

10th September 2015, 06:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing PG to become IAS Officer?

To become Indian Administrative Services officer, a candidate must appear for the Civil Services examination and clear all the three stages of this exam:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal interview.

Graduation is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam. As you are studying in post graduate degree, so you are eligible for the exam. The age limit is 21-32 years for open category candidates.

Reserved category candidates have upper age relaxations.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
10th September 2015, 06:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I doing m.com final this year so what should i do after complete my p.g for become an ias officer ?
Please guide asap!
If you have completed graduation degree then you are eligible for IAS officer exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam does not require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
10th September 2015, 07:35 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Few useful tips in the preparation of IAS/IPS Examination are:

* It is advisable to follow a strict timetable in order to make maximum use and utilization of available time for self-study.

* It is better to join any reputed good coaching centre which will be helpful for the candidate for proper guidance and knowledge.

* One major drawback of while self-preparing for Civil Service Examination is that if one is not in a right track and in systematic approach by referring right books, magazines, one may deviate from the right path.

* Make schedule for group discussion, quiz and doubt clearing sessions in the group which in turn helps in multiplication of your knowledge rapidly.

* Focus more on intensive study rather than extensive study. Your priority should be learning the topics/subjects with better understanding and depth knowledge. Avoid cramming the syllabus.

* Take regular and periodic mock tests in order to evaluate the preparation and performance.

* Most important required thing that you must have right strategy, good choice of books, suitable and rigid time table, systematic approach and positive frame of mind.

* Make self made notes and revise it regularly and periodically.

* Make a group of your friends and classmates who are preparing for Civil Services Examination because studying in group is quite beneficial in view of preparation of examination.

* Try to revise the syllabus regularly as many times as possible. Better and proper revision helps in boosting self-confidence, better grasping of syllabus, better memorization of syllabus and better performance in difficult topics.

* Candidate should pay emphasis on current affairs of national and international level, political and economic issues through the medium of print and electronic media.

* It is better to consult the NCERT books and university author's book in the preparation of Civil Service Examination.
10th September 2015, 10:55 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service Which is conducted through UPSC every year , the candidates have to appear civil service exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam :

*The candidates should be a citizen Of India.

*The Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year students can also apply for this exams.

*The age limit is 21 - 30 years.
There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th September 2015, 03:13 PM
Rashmuu

For the IAS officer, you have to appear in the entrance exam known as Civil Service examination.

Upsc conducts this exam every year.The Eligibility for this exam is to have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university with good percentages. The student who wish to appear in this exam their age must lie in between 21 year to 30 year.

So you have to appear in this exam and successfully clear it for becoming the IAS officer.
11th September 2015, 05:22 PM
sainath asp

sir as you have completed PG you will have a good general knowledge and you might have a good experience in facing the interviews.the only thing you should do is that you need to improve your communication skills and make sure that your behaviour shoould reflect your dream
11th September 2015, 10:48 PM
arya8360

Hi,

As you want to become Indian Administrative Services officer, then you must appear for the Civil Services examination and clear all the three part of this examination,-

>>Exam pattern

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Main examination.

3. Personal interview.

>>Requirement to appear this exam,-

--Graduation is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam.
-- and you are studying in post graduate degree, so you are eligible for this examination.

--The age limit is 21-32 years for open category candidates.

--For reserved category candidates 5 years relaxation is given.

Best Luck!!!
13th September 2015, 01:49 AM
JSD.

Upsc conducts the Civil Service examination for the IAS/IPS /IFS post.This exam completes under the following stages:-

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is, to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile. Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 21 year to 30 years.

There is relaxation by 5 year for the SC/ST aspirant. It is by three years for the Obc Category aspirant.
31st October 2015, 09:32 PM
lvenkatesh

Graduation itself is enough to be eligible for IAS officer. A student need not be a Post Graduate for this.

Students should apply for civil services exam to become IAS officer.

There will be 2 levels of written exam followed by Interview.

Age criteria is given below :

21-32 years for General category
21-35 years for OBC category
21-37 years for SC and ST category

Hence, immediately you take coaching for this exam and apply for next year civil services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?