1st June 2013, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after doing B.Tech after diploma?

i want do b.tech after diploma so that what should i do

1st June 2013, 09:57 AM
amit8570861100
Member+

Default Re: What should I do after doing B.Tech after diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want do b.tech after diploma so that what should i do
you can get admission in 2nd year after diploma in btech
take admission in a college and start your study from 2nd year of btech
1st June 2013, 02:13 PM
sushildhaker

To pursue B.tech in your respective branch you have to qualify the JELET exam.Once you clear this exam then you will be eligible for counselling ,after counselling you will be allotted seat in a college according to your rank.

Duration of program- Duration for lateral entry B.tech is three years instead of 4 years in conventional B.teh program .

Branches- Through this test you will be eligible to get admission in following branches-

Mechanical engineering

Civil engineering

Marine engineering

Aeronautical engineering

Electrical engineering

Electronics and communication engineering

Chemical engineering

Metallurgical engineering

Automobile engineering

Information technology

Computer science and engineering

Biotechnology

Nuclear science and engineering

Syllabus- Syllabus will be according to class 12th level maths,physics and chemistry.Some question will be asked from your diploma course also so be prepared for tough competition.
1st June 2013, 05:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is a good decision to apply for Bachelor of Technology following the completion of the diploma course. The job opportunities after having completed only the diploma course are not good enough.

Having completed Bachelor of Technology, you can apply for good jobs in both government sector as well the private sector.

To pursue Bachelor of Technology course you will have to take admission through Lateral entry scheme. It is offered to diploma holders as well B.Sc graduates.

Under the scheme you can take direct admission in the second year of the Bachelor of Technology course. You are not required to do first year. The admission through lateral entry is quite normal for the diploma holders.

However before applying please remember that Indian Institutes of Technology and National Institutes of Technology. It is not possible to apply through lateral entry scheme in these colleges.

But there is nothing to be disappointed. Still there are several engineering colleges that will offer you admission.

You can take admission through Lateral Entry Engineering Test, which is conducted in various states across the country.

LEET Eligibility

1. Must have diploma in Engineering from recognized college.

2. At least 60 percent marks in diploma.

If your marks are not less than 60 percent, please do not worry since LEET is one of the various exams conducted for the lateral entry admission. Some colleges conduct their separate entrance exams.
1st June 2013, 05:44 PM
M.PRUDHVI RAJ
Member+

Hai Friend,

After diploma, to get admission into Engineering college, you must write ECET Exam.

If you get a good rank in ECET, then you will get admission into the top Engineering College.

So, prepare well for the exam.

Work Hard.

All the best.
1st June 2013, 05:57 PM
shivam2k6

Hi,

B. Tech. program allows Diploma students to take entry directly into second year of engineering course. For taking admission in B.Tech, you must have done at least 3 years diploma after 10th in any branch of engineering.

Some colleges take admission through lateral entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam, etc. so you need to appear and crack these exams. Some colleges conducted their own entrance exam for getting entry.

Admission procedure varies from college to college. So you will have to contact colleges individually.

Good Luck.
4th June 2013, 04:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can seek admission to B.Tech through lateral entry. Lateral entry admissions were offered through universities like Thapar University, Calicut University, and so on. In lateral entry, admissions are done on merit basis or via entrance exams. Syllabus for lateral entry entrance test is based on the topics under diploma. Those who qualify the same can seek admission to 2nd year of engineering degree.
24th June 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

After completing diploma and btech in metallurgical engineering with 60 percentage aggregate in government college what salary can I expect.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?