28th October 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester B.Tech in EEE?

can I become an IAS after my b.tech?
As I am student of b.tech 3rd semister in EEE
what I have to do for this?

Related Questions:
  1. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  3. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  4. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  5. Job Opportunities for me in today market being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE? Am I eligible for M.Tech in Machine Designing?
  6. How to get a job in railway? I am pursuing B>E 3rd year EEE
  7. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  8. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  10. How to get Job in Robotics being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  11. Which subject is better for internship? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd semester in EEE branch
  12. Eligibility to attend Syntel Off-Campus Drive for a B.Tech(EEE) final semester candidate who has secured 82% till 7th semester? -- [New]
  13. How to take admission in B.Tech 3rd semester?
  14. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  15. Job opportunities in Infosys for MCA 3rd semester candidate?
  16. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  17. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in EEE?
  18. Best training institutes in Hyderabad for IAS? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year Electrical
28th October 2011, 02:52 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: What should I do to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester B.Tech in EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Information Regarding IAS Examination.

IAS examination is also known as the civil services exam which is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidates as the post of IAS officer. IAS officer job is consider as the one of the most famous job of India. If you are interested in the civil services examination then you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation In any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 year at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

As per your question if you are studying in the 3rd semester B.Tech then according to eligibility criteria you will be eligible to apply for the IAS examination in the final year of B.Tech course. For any more information about the IAS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :-> http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
1st December 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester B.Tech in EEE?

Is any cut of mark relaxation for ST in ias?
16th December 2011, 06:27 PM
sowmyaashree

You need to take up the UPSC exam which is conducted every year to absorb the interested candidates.
As you are in 3rd semester now you cant take the exam as per the elibility criteria, but you are eligible to take the exam after the completion of your BE degree.
Age limit : minimum 21years and maximum 30 years for General category, but there is relaxation in age for OBC upto 3 years and for SC/ST upto five years.
Attempts: For General category - 4, OBC - 7 and SC/ST - No limit.
You can check up for notification in the month of Feb 2012.
18th December 2011, 03:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service, To become IAS Officer you have to Cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination, So If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible for Civil services examination.

The Notification of This examination will be Published in the Month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form Online, By visit the official UPSC website. The Notification will be Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012 and the Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

General candidates will gets 4 attempts to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

But You are Now Pursuing your 3rd Semester, So you are Not eligible for this examination Now, So please apply for this examination only when you are Pursuing your Final year semester course, So please prepare well for this examination and then apply for this examination.

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and Both are of same Marks and Duration, So please complete your Graduation first and for more Information please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
18th December 2011, 03:38 PM
bishnu_g

dear student at present you can take coaching .. and when you finish your b.tech then apply for ias
best wishes
18th December 2011, 04:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To become a IAS officer,you should appear for civil service exam.Civil service exam is conducted by UPSC every year once,to take qualified students into different government service post like
>>Indian Administrative Service
>>Indian Revenue Service
>>Indian Police Service
>>Indian Railway Accounts service
>>Indian Defense Accounts Service .........

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service exam:
You should have complete minimum graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
And your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

If you fulfilled with this criteria,then you can appear for civil service exam to become a IAS officer.

Civil Service exam consist of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam

Preliminary Exam notification for this year.
Issuing of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

You can appear for Main Exam,after clearing the Preliminary exam only.
Main exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th December 2011, 03:17 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass the graduation/Engineering in any stream you want from the recognized university.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last date of receipt of exam:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
21st December 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

IAM STUDYING BTEC FINAL YEAR IN EEE WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS I HAVE TO PREPARE TO WRITE PRELIMINARY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?