11th August 2016, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to get a Magistrate post?

I have completed my gradation and appearing in LLB final year now. I want to know that what should I do for getting the Magistrate post?

11th August 2016, 04:06 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a Magistrate post?

One who wishes to become Magistrate should appear for the exams conducted by the Law Service Commission or State Judicial Law Entrance Exam conducted by the Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should have passed graduation in Law with a minimum of 55% marks .

-The candidates possessing LLM degree are also eligible to apply.

-The candidate age should in between 21 years to 35 years at the time of applying.

Selection of candidate is made based on their performance in written exam and interview.

The notifications for these exams is published in all leading newspapers.
11th August 2016, 06:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Magistrate means District Collector. To get this post, you need to apply for Civil Services examination and crack all the stages of this examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this exam. LLB final year candidates can also apply for this examination.

>>The age limit for candidates of general category is 21-32 year. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

There are three stages of this exam, preliminary, mains and interview. The notification for next year exam will come in last week of February, 2017 and after that you can apply for this exam at official website of UPSC.
11th August 2016, 10:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

In final year of bachelor of law, you can apply for Civil Service Examination for becoming magistrate of any district. Those who clear Civil Services examination become SDM and after certain years of service, you will become district collector.

1. Academic qualification is graduation from any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are also eligible for this examination.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

There are three stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Main examination.

Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?