12th October 2012, 11:56 PM
Gayatri Tagade

What should I do to make my career in Astrophysics? Should I give CET exam after 12th

I am in 11th now I want to make my career in astrophysics what should I do for it? Should I give CET exam after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage needed in board and CET exam to study astrophysics?
  2. Does Osmania University offer M.Sc. in Astrophysics? Can I do this course after B.Tech.?
  3. Which career should I opt after completion of my 12th? List of the colleges along with their details for the same? What are the scopes available in astrophysics?
  4. How to make a career in Astrophysics?
  5. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  6. How can I pursue career in Astrophysics after immediate completion of B.Tech? Which exam should I appear? I want to do MS in Astrophysics
  7. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  8. What are the career opportunities in Astrophysics? Which are the colleges offering Astrophysics in Kerala?
  9. How to pursue career in Astrophysics after doing B.E in Electronics and Communication branch
  10. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  11. Top institutes offering M.Sc. Physics and career options in astrophysics and optics? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What are the career opportunities for me in the field of Astrophysics?
  13. Percentage of marks needed in class 12th to take Astrophysics as a career?
  14. How can I apply for Indian Institute of Astrophysics? -- [New]
  15. How to pursue career in Astrophysics after doing B.E in Electronics and Communication
  16. How should I study Astrophysics after completing 11th standard?
  17. Career opportunities in Astrophysics and Optics? Good institutes offering MSc in Physics? What is the admission in procedure?
  18. How to make a career in space research after completing 12th exam? What are the jobs available in ISRO? Which entrance exam should I give in this field?
30th November 2017, 08:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to make my career in Astrophysics? Should I give CET exam after 12th

You can select Bachelor of Technology in Astrophysics. Students can get admission in this course on basis of rank in Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Eligibility criteria for JEE exam:

Students who has passed 10+2 with PCM subjects can apply for this exam.

There are two stages: JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Candidates who clear JEE Advanced will get admission in Indian Institute of Technology.
4th December 2017, 10:57 PM
srkallinone

Default Re: What should I do to make my career in Astrophysics? Should I give CET exam after 12th

After 12th, You can go for various graduate, postgraduate and doctorial courses in Astrophysics. After 12th, You can choose the bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Physics or Engineering in Electrical/Electronics. Then you can pursue postgraduate in Mathematics/Physics/Astrophysics. After that, You can also pursue Ph.D in Astrophysics. At any level admission into Astrophysics, You are required to apply and appear entrance exam. Admission will be based on entrance exam conducted by respective university.

Institutes Offering Courses In Astrophysics
- Bangalore University
- Gujarat University
- Pune University
- Lucknow University
- Delhi University
- Calcutta University
- Bangalore University
- Punjab University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- BITS, Pilani
- Aligarh Muslim University

Job Types In Astrophysics
- Astronomer
- Astrophysicist
- Scientist
- Physics Teacher
- Lecturer/Professor
- Researcher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?