20th January 2014, 04:59 PM
sanket raipure

What can I do after 12th to become an IPS officer? I am a 12th student

I am in 12th standard. I want to be an IPS officer.
But I am getting confused for my graduation.
I am confused in BA & B.TECH AGRICULTURE..?
So plz tell me,
What can I do after 12th for being an IPS officer..?
In what field do I do the graduation..???

16th May 2015, 04:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after 12th to become an IPS officer? I am a 12th student

I.P.S stands for the Indian Police Service and the examination is conducte by the UPSC every year. There is no special examination for it. UPSC conducts a common examination for the IAS/IPS/IFS etc..

As the eligibility criteria for the examination is candidates who have passed the graduation in any discipline from a recognised university can apply. The candidates age must be between 21-30 years for the general category. There is relaxation in the age for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

So I think you can go with anyone of the B.tech Agriculture or B.A both have better future scope. But select the one in which you have interest as it is another option for you if you misses the UPSC examination. The examination is not easy and only extra ordinary candidates become eligible to crack it.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
*Preliminary.
*Mains.
*Interview.

The application for the 2015 examination is available on the www.upsc.gov.in. and the examination for the first stage will be conducted in the month of August 2015.

It is necessary to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection in the services. There is no restriction on selection of optional subject other than the graduation discipline.

There is also limitations on number of attempts for the examination as it is restricted to 3 for the general 7 for the OBC and no limitations for the SC/ST candidates.

For any information visit at www.upsc.gov.in and come out of confusion as candidates of any graduation discipline are eligible.
9th September 2015, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What can I do after 12th to become an IPS officer? I am a 12th student

I am studying first year mechanical engineering in ramco institute of technology at rajapalayam in tamilnadu.what are the subject study for IPS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?