29th February 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after 10th and 12th to become an IPS Officer?

I want to become an IPS officer, so which stream i should take after passing 10th class ???? What should i do after passing 12 class??

29th February 2016, 04:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 10th and 12th to become an IPS Officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Officer. The minimum qualification to become IPS officer is bachelor's degree. Those who qualify in all stages of Civil Services exam and make in final list can only become IPS officer.

You can take any stream in any 10+2 or in bachelor's degree. This exam is not stream specific. It is always advisable for candidates to take streams as per their interest so that they perform well at 10+2 level as well as at bachelor's degree level.

You can take any stream either science or commerce or arts keeping in mind your career interest.
29th February 2016, 04:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS is Indian Police Service. You can apply for Civil Services exam for becoming IPS officer.

Eligibility criteria:

*Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

*Age limit is 21-32 years.

UPSC does not mention any specific criteria or stream in 10+2 or bachelor's degree. You can take any stream from a recognized university for Civil Services.
29th February 2016, 04:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who are interested to become IPS officer can take any stream after 10th whether Science, Commerce or Arts as per the interest. After completion of 12th you can pursue any degree course and after completion of a degree course you have to appear in the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
29th February 2016, 04:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to select stream which ever stream, you want to pursue to appear for Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree. The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all stages for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th February 2016, 05:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You have to first complete your Bachelor's degree in order to become IPS officer.

One who wishes to become an IPS officer has to appear in the Civil Services Exam . UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .IPS officer is the second most respected position of Civil Services next to IAS .

IPS stands for Indian Police Services .

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.There is no percentage bar for the marks secured in Graduation degree to appear for the exam .The candidate who are in the final year of their degree can also appear for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

- The eye sight required for a IPS officer are

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

- The candidate should not suffer from color blindness or night blindness defect .

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper .

* Main exam

Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .

* Personality Interview and Group Discussion .
29th February 2016, 05:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You should have completed graduation with any of the stream from a recognised University. Even the candidate who are pursuing final year of graduation are also eligible to give this exam. They should be able to show the proof of passing in graduation when they appear for interview. The age limit is 21 years to 30 years. Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the OBC candidatesc and SC/ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.
29th February 2016, 06:10 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

You can do your further study either in science or arts subject,depending upon your interest. Both of student clear the IPS exam that is conducted by UPSC. Subject selection is totally depend on the student choice.
For Science students,generally they select Math,Physics and Chemistry as these subject are scoring subjects.
For arts student,genrally they select History,geography,Political science,economics.
There is benefit for arts students that while studying history ,geography and political science ,their general knowledge also improved.
29th February 2016, 06:21 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What should I study after 10th and 12th to become an IPS Officer?

IPS is the India Police Services and after 12th you need to take up graduation course in any of the discipline in which you have interest and after graduation or during the finale year of graduation only you can apply for the IPS selections.

There are certain eligibility criteria which are available in order to appear for the IPS selections such as

Age Limit:
Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit and relaxations are as per the government specification such as
  • OBC-33 years
  • SC/ST- 35 years
  • PH-35 years
Educational Requirements:
Should have completed graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study with at least 55% of the aggregate from recognized board of study
Nationality:
Should belong to the citizen of India only

These are the minimum qualifications required to appear for the IPS selections

So,as you have completed the 12th now appear for any of the graduation course in which you have interest and then apply for the IPS selections
29th February 2016, 06:45 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become an IPS officer, you need to qualify examination conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
Eligibility to appear in IPS examination are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India
-Candidate must have completed graduation in any disciple from a recognized university
-Candidate must be of age 21 to 32 years

Candidates need to go through two written test and personal interview for selection.

As, you have completed your 10th then you have a long way to go to become eligible to appear for IPS examination as you need graduation degree and you need 5 years from now to achieve graduation degree.
There is no restriction for students to choose particular subjects in 11th, 12th and in graduation. They can choose stream and subject according to their interest.
So, you can choose any of the streams either Science, Commerce or Arts with any subject combination as available.
First, you should complete 12th with high marks to get admission in best colleges for graduation and then after completing graduation move towards preparation of IPS examination.
29th February 2016, 07:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

From my point of view, one must study science stream if he/she has some interest in science subjects at 10+2 level as well as bachelor's degree level for Civil Services examination. Science stream helps candidates to think and analyze better for each and every subjects and finally results in thinking oriented personality which is very necessary for Civil Services examination.

Though UPSC has not specified any particular stream for Civil services exam as graduates from all stream are eligible for this prestigious exam. You can take stream as per your interest in subjects that matters a lot.
29th February 2016, 08:16 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is good to know that you are much concern regarding the preparation of IPS Examination at this stage. As it is high time to start thinking and start preparing for Civil Service Examination.

# As there is no any fixed or specific or prescribed subjects/discipline/degree. Candidate with any bachelor degree in any subjects/discipline is equally eligible for Civil Service Examination.

# One should opt the subjects/degree for further studies as well as for civil service examination as per one's discretion. One should keep in following points/factors in mind while choosing subjects/discipline of degree for further studies as well as for civil service examination:

* Basic concepts in subjects.
* Past record or performance in subjects in previous classes.
* Interest in subjects.
* Availability of coaching centres

# Age limit fixed for Civil Service Examination:

* Must be above the age of 20 years for all candidates.
* Must not above the age of 30 years in the case of candidate of General category.
* Must not above the age of 33 years in the case of candidate of OBC category.
* Must not above the age of 35 years in the case of candidate of SC & ST categories.

# Required eligibility criteria are:

* Must be Indian national.
* Graduate in any discipline from recognised university.
* Candidate in final year are also eligible but only provisionally
* Just passing marks required in graduation.
* Must bear moral character without any criminal or unwanted record.

# UPSC has fixed certain number of attempts for each and every category separately which are mentioned below:

* General category reserved only six attempts.
* OBC category reserved only nine attempts.
* SC and ST categories reserved with Unlimited attempts
29th February 2016, 08:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an Officer you need to pursue graduation degree after 12th.

Candidate after pursuing graduation can appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible for final recruitment.

So, you have to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all stages. There is no restriction on discipline to appear for examination.

To have more information about syllabus and examination pattern visit at www.upsc gov.in.
29th February 2016, 09:05 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

See one important all of us should remembered that through any of stream you can become an IPS officer. But for this you should be very careful in selection of course. From 10th standard only you need to be very careful in Maths.

Since the pattern for the Civil's completely changed. So you must have grip on the quantitative ability.

More over lot of people through that it is only for maths background students. But it is not right. Any back ground student can crack the exam. But on tough hardwork.
29th February 2016, 09:29 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an IPS officer, so which stream i should take after passing 10th class ???? What should i do after passing 12 class??
There is nothing specific on what you need to study to become an IPS officer. You can pursue a stream which you wish in your respected 10th and finish your schooling in your +2.

After completion you can either choose which you wish, or a stream which is similar to the one studied in your schooling. If you do either of them, there is no problem unless you complete your graduation. For applying for the IPS exam candidate should have completed degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education.

To tell about the IPS exam (Indian Police Service), it is conduced by UPSC and is known as one of the civil service post. There are certain qualifications which are to be satisfied along with the educational qualification which are Nationality standard. age limit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS Exam. The candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview
29th February 2016, 09:52 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

Selection Process : The IPS entrance examination is conducted in three ways : (1) Preliminary examination. (2) Main Examination. (3) Personal Interview.

So, as per criteria you need to graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. You may choose any stream as per own interest.

For any more and complete information regarding the upcoming IPS entrance examination please visit the official website of UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2016, 10:20 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become an IPS officer then no need to worry about subject selection. You can pursue higher studies and opt streams as per your wish. You should opt either Science or Arts. You can also choose BBA, BCA even after completing MBA, MCA also. There is no problem in subject selection.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed graduation with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.

Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 32 years.

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Candidate should be physically fit.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary

Mains

Personal Interview
29th February 2016, 10:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Civil Services examination from any stream of bachelor's degree. There is no restriction on any candidate, you are free to take any stream of your choice for Civil Services exam.

It will depend your interest either you have interest in science or commerce or arts. Arts subjects and stream is the best for Civil Services examination preparation.
29th February 2016, 10:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You can choose 12th standard and graduation subject as per your strength to become an IPS officer. But from my point of view, you can do 12th standard with science department then you can do graduation degree in Mathematics to become an IPS officer.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS officer exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- unlimited
29th February 2016, 10:58 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

For IPS , You can choose any stream. If you want to apply for IPS , then you must be graduate.

IPS Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years.
- Maximum 6 attemps for UR , 9 attemps for OBC are allowed.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

IPS Important Dates
- You can apply from : 23/04/2016
- Last date to apply : 20/05/2016
- IPS Exam : 07/08/2016
29th February 2016, 11:14 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IPS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam.

You can choose any stream (Science, Commerce or Arts) after passing 10th standard on the basis of your interest.

Now, after passing 10+2 you will have to apply for any graduation course.

Because to appear for Civil Services Exam, you must have any Bachelor degree from any recognized institution.

During final year of your graduation, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

There are three stages to crack this exam,
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
Important Dates of upcoming Civil Services Exam:
  • Release of Notifications along with Online Forms: 23 April, 2016
  • Last Date to apply: 20 May 2016
  • Date of Commencement of Exam: 07 August 2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?