22nd February 2018, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum marks in Masters to be eligible for M.Phil in English?

I have scored 45% in M.A English from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. Am I eligible for M.Phil in English? Is there any entrance exam also which I need to appear and pass out?

27th February 2018, 01:45 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should be the minimum marks in Masters to be eligible for M.Phil in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 45% in M.A English from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. Am I eligible for M.Phil in English? Is there any entrance exam also which I need to appear and pass out?
M.Phil English Eligibility :

-Candidate's with minimum of 55% marks in M.A (English) examination or its equivalent examination of another university shall be eligible to apply for this M.Phil course in English

- For admission, the candidates shall be required to take written test followed by an interview.

As you have mentioned that you have got 45% in your Master degree, you are not eligible for M.Phil course because 55% is the required marks to take admission.
28th February 2018, 01:01 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum marks in Masters to be eligible for M.Phil in English?

To get admission into M.Phil in English, you must have secured at least 55% marks in MA English.

As you have secured 45% marks, so you are not eligible for M.Phil English course.

Also, admissions are based on entrance exam conducted by the institute itself in which you are seeking admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?