14th March 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

What should be my first step to prepare for the CAT entrance exam? I am a student of 2nd year B.Tech

i want to prepare for cat entrance exam and so what should be my first step to do so??i am 2 nd yr student duing b tech....

4th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should be my first step to prepare for the CAT entrance exam? I am a student of 2nd year B.Tech

what should be the first step for preparing cat?
8th May 2013, 01:33 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should be my first step to prepare for the CAT entrance exam? I am a student of 2nd year B.Tech

Hi

It depends on how much time do you have before appearing for CAT exam.
CAT preparation takes around 1 year.
If you have good amount of time, then I would suggest you to start with verbal english, synonyms, idioms, antonyms as they take long time to memorise.

Data interpretation and logical reasoning requires lots of practices but you need not memorize anything.

For quant, once you get the basic concept you would be able to solve it. Practice it to improve your timing.

All the best
8th May 2013, 02:06 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What should be my first step to prepare for the CAT entrance exam? I am a student of 2nd year B.Tech

Hi

It depends on how much time do you have before appearing for CAT exam.
CAT preparation takes around 1 year.
If you have good amount of time, then I would suggest you to start with verbal english, synonyms, idioms, antonyms as they take long time to memorise.

Data interpretation and logical reasoning requires lots of practices but you need not memorize anything.

For quant, once you get the basic concept you would be able to solve it. Practice it to improve your timing.

All the best
30th June 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

hi im BBA final year stdnt. i want 2 write cat2014 exam but i dnt know hw to go through that.... plz help me... i need some words to guide me..... my mail id [email protected]
30th June 2013, 09:51 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

BBA final year student can write CAT 2013 as well as CAT 2014.
You should give CAT this year as well to get to know, how the paper is.

Then you can prepare accordingly.
You can refer the following books

Arun sharma
Arihant publication
R S Agarwal

or try to arrange for TIME material.
and solve it.
Try to solve as many mock papers as possible.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?