2nd October 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

What should we take in PUC to become an IPS officer?

What should we take in PUC to become an IPS officer? Can you please provide me with the information which is needed for me to proceed? What are the subjects required? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

3rd October 2017, 05:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should we take in PUC to become an IPS officer?

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment as I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in PUC as well as in bachelor degree to appear in examination.

But, candidates must focus on preparation for examination as it is considered to be among the toughest examination. Candidates only after qualifying in all stages of examination will become eligible for final recruitment.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2017, 06:46 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any stream.

It means that candidates are free to choose any stream of their choice in bachelor's degree. So, after PUC, you can opt for any subject in bachelor's degree. The essential subjects are Geography, Political Science, Economics and History.

Minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.
13th March 2019, 01:27 PM
Meg24

You need to appear for the Upsc conducted CSE.
The official website only mentions that any candidate above the age of 21 and who has a graduation degree from a recognised Indian University is eligible for the exam.
Upsc conducts exams for various posts including IAS,IPS so on.
So as per the eligibility criteria you can select any field or any stream.
But I recommend you to select subjects as per the Upsc syllabus which will help you in clearing the exam sooner.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?