12th August 2014, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

What stream should I take after 10th to become an IAS officer?

What stream should i take after 10th to become an IAS officer

22nd August 2014, 01:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What stream should I take after 10th to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What stream should i take after 10th to become an IAS officer
You can take any stream as you wish after 10th standard. but, we recommend you to take commerce stream or arts after 10th standard.

To become an IAS officer, you need to appear and get qualified in Civil Service Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:-
  • Candidates must be a graduate in any subject area from a recognized University or they should have the equivalent qualifications.
  • Final Year students are also eligible for the exam.
  • Minimum age of candidates for the post of IAS is 21 years and maximum should be 30 years.
  • SC / ST Candidates will be given age relaxation up to five years and three years for OBC candidates.
  • Candidate should be physically as well as medically fit.

Since, you are still in a 10th standard you need to travel a long way to achieve your career goal. I suggest you to concentrate on your studies and score good marks in all the exams.

The Important notification regarding IAS exam published in employment newspaper and also updated in the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?