25th September 2017, 12:22 PM
narayan prajapat

What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria required for Bank PO exam?

What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria required for Bank PO exam? Can you please give me the complete details which would help me to get prepared well for the exam? I want to get selected for the job, so please help me with your suggestions. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue PG in Agribusiness Management from ICAR? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam?
  2. Can I apply for an Education Loan to study Master of Personnel Management & Industrial Relations? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility for ICICI bank PO exam?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Government Bank Manager for a general category candidate?
  5. What should I do to enroll a career in private bank? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  6. Detailed Information regarding IES Exam? What syllabus should I prepare for IES Exam in ECE stream? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for this Exam?
  7. What is the eligibility for bank clerk and bank Po exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility criteria for Bank PO Exams?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for EAMCET exam? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam and when will be the application form out?
  10. Am I eligible for the SBI Bank PO job after completion of 12th standard with 59 percentage marks? Minimum Eligibility criteria to apply?
  11. What should i do after 12th for joining banking sector?
  12. What is the criteria for FCI exam? Syllabus and eligibility criteria?
  13. How to appear for bank exams? What is the eligibility criteria followed for private banks?
  14. Eligibility criteria to appear for Bank PO Exams?
  15. Eligibility criteria and documents required for an education loan of 5 lakh from Bank of Maharashtra?
  16. How to take loan for BCA studies and hostel accommodation?
  17. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  18. Required Eligibility criteria for RTO Exam? What syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
25th September 2017, 08:47 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria required for Bank PO exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan prajapat View Post
What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria required for Bank PO exam? Can you please give me the complete details which would help me to get prepared well for the exam? I want to get selected for the job, so please help me with your suggestions. Thanks!

Details Regarding Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Examination:-

Syllabus for Bank PO Exam:-
Bank PO exam syllabus based on subjects are as follows:-

>> Quantitative aptitude.

:- Consists of 50 questions and carries 50 marks.

>> Reasoning and mental ability.

:- Consists of 75 questions and carries 75 marks.

>> English.

>> General awareness and General knowledge.

Bank PO exam is of objective type and consists total of 225 questions and carries 225 marks. Duration of bank PO exam is 135 minutes.

Eligibility Conditions for Bank PO Exam:-

:- Only Indian nationality candidates can apply for bank PO exam.

:- Minimum qualification required to apply is bank PO exam is graduation from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks, Relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidates.

:- Age limit to apply for bank PO exam is 21 to 30 years, Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for reserve category candidates.
25th September 2017, 11:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria required for Bank PO exam?

The examination is conducted by IBPS for recruitment in nationalized bank while SBI conducts for recruitment in SBI banks.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or waiting for the final year.

The age limit varies with examination. So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in :-

Preliminary Examination.

Mains Examination.

Interview.

The questions in examination are asked from English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, Computer Test.

For detail information about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in or www.ibps.in.
25th September 2017, 11:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for Bank PO examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You shouldn't be within 21-30 years of age to be eligible to apply for Bank PO examination. The syllabus for Bank PO examination consists of Aptitude, Reasoning and Verbal sections.
26th September 2017, 12:47 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Syllabus required are:-
Reasoning, Maths, English, General Awareness, Computer.
PT- 100 marks
Reasoning- 35 marks
Maths-35 marks
English- 30 marks

Mains- 200 marks

Eligibility criteria:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should be under 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
26th September 2017, 01:18 AM
ranu shahi

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO are as follows:-
Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
Aspirants age should be under 21 years to 28 years for the post of Clerk and 21 years to 30 years for the post of PO.
Aspirants must have scored at least 50% in graduation.

Syllabus required for Bank examination are as follows:-
Reasoning, English, Maths, GA, Computer.
26th September 2017, 09:23 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for IBPS po exam-
A candidate must be graduated with any discipline.

A candidate must have minimum 21 years of age and maximum 30 years of age.

To prepare for bank po exam a candidate needs to concentrate on following topics-
Quantitative aptitude.
Logical reasoning.
English.

Important topics of aptitude-
Number series.
Simplification.
Questions on age.
Quadratic equations.

In logical reasoning you have to concentrate on analogy, blood relation , symbiosis etc.
26th September 2017, 11:50 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria
>> Candidate must be age limit of 20 to 27 years for general category where SC and ST get relaxation of 5 years.
>> Candidate must have passed graduation with minimum 60% marks.

Tips of preparation
>> Syllabus of the exam can be download from the notification of the exam.
>> I will prefer you to take help of Siksha, Arihant Publication books of Reasoning , Maths, GK
>> Devote more time in practice set which will help you in gaining speed, reliability to solve fast.
26th September 2017, 01:43 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO Examination are:-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any discipline from any recognized university.

Candidate age must be under 21 to 30 years. There are 3 years age relaxation for OBC and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST. And 5 years age relaxation for ex-serviceman and also for Jammu and Kashmir domicile.

Candidate must have not hold any criminal record.

Syllabus for Bank PO Prelims Examination are:-

English language:-
Reading comprehension
Cloze test
Para jumbles
Fill in the blanks
Miscellaneous
Paragraph completion
Multiple meaning
Error spotting

Reasoning:-
Logical reasoning
Alphanumeric series
Ranking/direction/alphabet test
Data sufficiency
Coded inequalities
Seating arrangement
Puzzle
Tabulation
Syllogism
Blood relations
Input output
Coding decoding

Quantitative aptitude:-
Simplification
Profit and loss
Mixtures and alligations
Simple interest and compound interest/ surds and indices
Work and time
Time and distance
Data interpretation
Ratio and proportion/percentage
Number systems
Sequence and series
Mensuration
Permutation, combination and probability

Bank PO Mains exam comprises of 5 sections: reasoning, English language, quantitative aptitude, computer aptitude, general awareness.
26th September 2017, 02:20 PM
sapphire1

IBPS is an institute which conducts exam for PO for 21 banks. This conduct common written exam.

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO:

The candidate should be graduated from a recognized university.
They should have minimum 50% marks.
There is no necessity to have a particular stream in graduation.
The age should be between 21to 28 years.
There is some relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary examination
Mains examination
Interview

Syllabus for the preliminary exam:

English Language
Reasoning ability
Numerical ability

This exam consists of 100 marks. There is a penalty of .25 marks for the wrong answer.

Syllabus for mains examination:

English language
Reasoning & computer aptitude
Data Analysis & interpretation
Banking awareness & General economy

English language letter writing or essay

This consist of 200 marks.
26th September 2017, 03:57 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To become Bank PO there are few eligibility requirements and the syllabus for the entrance exam is mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed graduation level degree or equivalent level degree with a fair percentage from any recognised university.
- The age limit is between 20 - 30 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates, 10 years for physically handicapped candidates.

The syllabus for the exam includes Quantitative aptitude, English, Reasoning ability, General awareness and Computer knowledge.
26th September 2017, 05:38 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required for bank PO exam are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure :

Written test,

Interview, and

Group Discussion .

Syllabus for the exam :

General knowledge

General English

Test of Reasoning

Aptitude

Logical and analytical ability .
26th September 2017, 11:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

PO stands for Probationary officer.

Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection conducts Common Written examination for post of PO in any many banks. State Bank of India conducts its own entrance exam for post of PO.

Eligibility criteria for post of PO:

1. You must be graduate to apply for this exam.

2. Age limit for IBPS PO is 20-30 years, 21-30 years for SBI PO exam.

Reserved category candidates get upper age relaxation. There is preliminary exam followed by mains exam.

The syllabus of this exam is available at Click Here .
25th November 2017, 08:26 AM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for BANK PO(IBPS and SBI) is Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60 percentage of marks from recognised institution/university.
#Age limit to apply for BANK PO post is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates & 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#Selection process of BANK PO post is preliminary exam,main examination and personal interview.
#And the written exam contains following sections
(1) quantitative aptitude
(2) Reasoning
(3)English language
(4) General awareness with special reference to banking industry
(5) Computer knowledge.
#For further details please visit www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in
25th December 2017, 12:03 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan prajapat View Post
In the BANK PO exams which are conducted by IBPS there are three stages in the selection procedure.

Preliminary written Test
Main Examination
Personal Interview

Questions asked in Preliminary exams are:
English Language (30 questions)
Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions)
Reasoning Ability (35 questions)
Total marks- 100
Time given-60 minutes

Questions asked in Main exams are:
English Language (40 questions)
Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions)
Reasoning Ability (50 questions)
General Awareness (40 questions)
Computer Knowledge (20 questions)

Total marks- 200
Time given-140 minutes

Minimum educational qualifications to apply is :
Graduation pass in any stream

Age-
Minimum 20 years
Maximum 30 years
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

For preparation:
Buy guides for Bank PO exams
Buy separate books for reasoning , english and quantitative aptitude
Practise mock test papers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?