1st July 2015, 01:35 PM
sherly mirin

What to take after 12th to become an IAS Officer?

I am a student of class 12 from a science non medical group.I am full of passion to be aa ias officer in the near future. When it comes to the graduation I would like to take arts as these subjects would help me reach my goali will also be able to take coaching. But many people advice me to go with proffesional courses like btech as I would have job security unlike artsincase I will not be able to make it...so please help me clear my dilemna.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer after passing 12th arts
  2. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  3. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  4. How to make my career to become an IAS officer? I have completed 12th with 88%
  5. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS? -- [New]
  6. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  7. How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?
  8. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  9. What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?
  10. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  11. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th with 74%
  12. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th in commerce field in Mumbai
  13. How can I become an IAS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  15. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  16. How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS?
  17. Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for 12th Commerce student?
  18. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a 12th standard student
1st July 2015, 05:27 PM
krroshan.amar

Default Re: What to take after 12th to become an IAS Officer?

Since you are candidate of 12th thus first of all you need to obtain a bachelor degree with any subject may be with science, arts or commerce. Many people think if you take professional degrees like B.Tech then it will be easy for you to achieve your dream of becoming IAS.

But its not there are candidates who have topped in IAS exams from Arts and Commerce background. So it directly depends what are your interest from which stream do you want to obtain your bachelor degree.

So if you want to take Arts then go for it.
1st July 2015, 05:32 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

If you are going to prepare for civil service then you can find that very few persons are there that apply through the science stream the reason behind this is that the science is very wide and the streams rather than science have their predefined limits and a science student mostly get puzzle in the wide syllabus and its similarities in topics as science is a series connected subject topics are connected to each other so students get confused.

>> Rather than science you have to choose the art stream with some easy subject combination and choose one subject as main subject and make clear the basics if that subject and the combination can be of sociology, geography and political science and history and the hindi and English will be as the compulsory subjects.

>> For better preparation can read the magazine portals as career Muskan, career 360, Partiyogita darpan, success mirror.
1st July 2015, 09:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

After completion 12th standard, you can do graduation degree become IAS officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
1st July 2015, 09:14 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No actually it is a good decision to take B.Tech in graduation or you can also take many other courses in graduation. For all these you need to do is must complete " Graduation first (On your interest ) .

There by you can get a chance to take further proceedings to become a " IAS Officer ". And yes you need to attend for coaching for best results. But I did not say that you must need to take coaching.Many candidates have proved that any candidate can also crack IAS Exam with out coaching. It is completely depends on their performance.

Actually IAS is the Exam under Civil Services which usually conducted by " UPSC " once in every year. For this you should have an age in between 21 - 30 years.

Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible to apply for UPSC Exams. And the selection process is completely based on Written Examination consists of Prelims and Main's and Interview.

So well prepared to become a IAS Officer after graduation.
1st July 2015, 11:20 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is better to start preparation for the IAS Examination as early as possible.

# It is advisable that choose only those subjects for studying in graduation which you wants to opt in IAS Examination.

# Read newspaper daily in order to be aware of latest current affairs.

# Watch news channels daily in order to be familiar with all current events of national and international level.

# Time management is most important in IAS Examination. Candidates are required to have better speed and accuracy level while solving out the question paper. Study and Practice more and more as possible. More you practice more the speed & accuracy level increases which ultimately increase your chances in examination.

# IAS Examination is highly competitive examination and candidate has to go through throat-cut competition. Join any reputed coaching centre as per your choice in order to excel your preparation for the IAS Examination.

# Candidates are required to possess following qualities:

* Leadership quality,
* Team spirit,
* Good communication skills,
* Pleasant personality,
* Positivity in thoughts & acts
* Logical & rational thinking

# Names of few good coaching centre for IAS Examination are:

* Rau's IAS Study Circle, New Delhi/Jaipur
* Royal IAS Academy, Delhi
* Indian IAS Academy, Chennai
* Elite Academy, Mumbai
* Ujjwal IAS Academy, Delhi
* Brilliant Tutorials, Chennai
* Achievers IAS Classes, Bangalore
* Sankalp IAS Forum, Mumbai
*Chanakya IAS Institute, Delhi/Jaipur/Chandigarh/Ranchi/Ahmedabad
* Analog IAS Institute, Hyderabad

# Names of few good books for IAS Examination are:

* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
* A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
* India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
* A New Look at Modern Indian History by B.L. Grover
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
* Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi
* Indian Constitution by Subash Kashyap
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination by Ramesh Singh
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
2nd July 2015, 12:22 PM
matamanju

Hello Friend

For the IAS examination qualification is any degree(Graduation).

so you have taken any subject in your graduation.

my suggestion is you will take any group with touching maths subject. that helps you in future.

The full form of IAS officer is : Indian Administrative services.

To become an IAS officers The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian university.

The age limitation for the IAS officer as given below:

The General category candidate minimum 21 years and maximum age is 32 years and eligible to attempt 6 times.

The obc maximum age is 35 years with including relaxation age and 9 attempts.

The SC and ST category candidates maximum age is 37 with including age relaxation and there is no limit to attempt the examination.

The candidates will see the notification in upsc's website. for the further details.

In the civil service examination conducted in 2 stages

preliminary and mains.

preliminary consists again 2 papers.

paper 1 General Knowledge.

paper 2 Comprehension and logical reasoning.

One who qualifies for this preliminary examination they are eligible to write next stage that is mains.
2nd July 2015, 06:01 PM
dhaliwal jatt

hii

-> After completion of 12th, you first complete your graduation.
-> After graduation, you can apply for IAS officer. Become a IAS officer, you can give a CSAT exam which is conducted by UPSC in one time a year.

Age Limit:
General: 21 to 30 years
OBC: 21 to 33 years
SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

Thanx...
2nd July 2015, 07:40 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

IAS - Indian Administrative service.It is the civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
As you say , you can get admission in any field after the 12th std & can get bachelor degree & then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Eligibility for IAS

- you should have minimum qualification of bachelor degree in any discipline.
- Age limit - 32 years for general. 3 year relaxation for OBC & 5 year relaxation for SC/ST category

Selection Process

- if you have a bachelor degree , then you are eligible for preliminary exam.
- after securing a good score , you are eligible for main exam
- After passing preminary as well as main exam , you have to pass the interview & physical test.

Thus , you can choose any course after 12th std & become a IAS officer.you can also join a classis during a bachelor degree which helps you to prepare better & you can crack the IAS exam easily.
3rd July 2015, 12:44 AM
aamras

dear aspirant,

if you want to become an IPS officer the you should clear your graduation. after that just fill up the IPS form on the UPSC website, because UPSC was conducted the IAS, IPS exam and after you should go for the physical exam and then medical and at the end go to the interview section. after that according to the merit list you have been post as an IPS.

HOPE INFORMATION IS VALUABLE FOR YOU
3rd July 2015, 04:54 PM
momtazz

If you have the passion for IAS(Indian Administrative Service)then you are to complete your Graduate degree from a recognized University.

As you know IAS is the most honourable job in India so that competition and a large number of applicants do IAS entrance examination.Accordingly you are to work hard to take preparation for IAS.

IAS is the part of Civil Services and this entrance exam.is conducted by IAS every year.

IAS Eligibility:-

1.Any Graduate from a recognized University/Institution having minimum pass marks can write UPSC conducted IAS entrance examination.

2.Age: General: 21-32 years, relaxation for OBC and S/C S/T candidates 3 & 5 years available.

3.Nationality: Indian.

4.Attempts: General: 6 chances, OBC: 8 chances, S/C S/T: Unlimited.

To get selection a candidate to clear:-

* CSAT

*LAS Mains exam.

*Interview.

Do not forget to visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th November 2017, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of 11th class(MPC). What should I study further to become CEO of a good company?
Please explain me deferentially step to step
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?