4th February 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance exam conducted for Income Tax officer post? When and how can I apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I want to become an Income Tax Officer so I want to know when is the entrance exam conducted for Income Tax officer post? When and how can I apply for the exam? What is the procedure to get admission after qualifying the entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

5th February 2017, 10:59 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is the entrance exam conducted for Income Tax officer post? When and how can I apply for the exam?

To become Income Tax Officer you definitely have to qualify the entrance exam that is conducted every year by Staff Selection Commission board.
Age should be in between 18 to 27 years and relaxation is given to SC and ST candidates.
You even need to get selected in the physical standard and medical standards.
You can avail for the application from your cities head office or online at the following website:
http://www.ssconline.nic.in
5th February 2017, 11:06 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: When is the entrance exam conducted for Income Tax officer post? When and how can I apply for the exam?

Tax officer exam in India is conducted by 'IT Department Recruitment' . The exam for various post in tax department will be updated soon on the homepage of www.incomtaxindia.gov.in

Eligibility
>> Candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 55% .
>> Some of the post demand graduation with minimum 60%
>> Candidate must have a typing speed of 30 wpm
>> Age limit of the candidate must be between 18 to 35 years.

** All the application need to be only on online basis from homepage.
** There will be two modes of selection
>> Written examination
>> Personal Interview
I am attaching previous year paper which will help you in getting analysis of the pattern asked in examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Income-Tax-Officer.pdf(40.8 KB, 41 views)
5th February 2017, 11:18 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Income Tax department, then you have to clear SSC CGL exam which is conducted by SSC in every year.

SSC CGL consist various Income Tax department post based on 12th and graduation level.

To apply SSC CGL exam, you have to complete graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit is 20-28 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

Exam pattern:

General intelligence + Reasoning

General Awareness

Numrical Aptitude

English

Math

After clearing these entrance exam you have to face final interview process.

After coming name in shortlist candidates list, you can join Income Tax Department.
5th February 2017, 11:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment in Income Tax department as an Officer ( I.R.S ) candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination is conducted in three stages ( preliminary, mains and interview ) and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and the age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination ( preliminary stage ) will be conducted on 18th June in 2017. The notification will be available from 22nd February. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?