2nd March 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012? How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

Tell me on which date ips entrance exam 2012 is held and how can a b. com final year student apply for this

2nd March 2012, 06:45 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012? How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tell me on which date ips entrance exam 2012 is held and how can a b. com final year student apply for this
When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012?

UPSC conducts Civil Service Exam for the post of IPS Officer once in a year. To become an IPS Officer, you have to enroll in this exam.
IPS- Indian Police Service
UPSC- Union Public Service Commission

Civil Service Exam has 3- stages

-Preliminary Exam

-Main Exam

-Interview

• Date of Civil Service Examination 2012:
  • Date of issuing of application form: 04.02.2012
  • Last date of receipt of Application: 05.03.2012
  • Date of Preliminary Exam: 20.05.2012
  • Date of Main Examination: 15.10.2012

How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

~Sure as B.com final year student you can apply for IPS. Following are the Eligibility details for Civil service exam:-

~You should have Graduation passed or appear in final year of Graduation course in any stream from UGC recognized college.

~Your Age should be between 21 to 30years(for BC 21 to 33years & for ST/ST 21 to 35years)

~You should be an Indian citizen.

~You should be physically & mentally fit.

>>You can also apply for Civil Service Exam for IPS post Online mode.

>>Click Here to apply Online.

>>For more info on IPS, Civil service Exam visit UPSC official websit:

http://upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2012, 07:35 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012? How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.P.S. exam while pursing final year B.Com course..

I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C Once in a year..

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

You can apply online offline both...

GOOD LUCK!
2nd March 2012, 07:52 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Default Re: When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012? How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" given in Appendix-II.

3. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :
The online Applications can be filled up to 5th March, 2012 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post
2nd March 2012, 08:01 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: When will be the IPS Entrance Exam for the year 2012? How can a student of final year B.Com course apply for this Exam?

you can apply for civil service exam 2012 to become an IPS officer

the date for receipt for application is 5-3-2012(monday).

the date of commencement of civil service preliminary exam is:20.5.2012(sunday)[1 day duration]

the date of commencement of civil service main exam is:5.10.2012(friday)[21 days duration]

All the best wishes.
2nd March 2012, 09:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. The final year Graduation Degree student is also eligible to apply for Cvil Service Exam.

As you are a final year B.Com. student, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

Certain prescribed Physical standard to be maintained those applying for IPS.

The male candidate should have minimum height of 165cm and for female it is 150cm.

The chest of the male candidate should not be less then 84cm and expandable to 5cm and in case of female it is 79cm expandable to 5cm.

Apart from physical fitness test the selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

The notification for 2012 Civil Service exam has already been announced, the last date for application is 05.03.2012 followed by CSAT exam on 20.05.2012 and Main exam on 15.10.2012.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?