15th May 2013, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IPS after doing graduation?

Mam/sir my name is Bhanu prakash. I read that we can apply for ips while we are in final year of under gradution. How can i apply for ips exam while studing final year b.com?

16th May 2013, 08:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS after doing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mam/sir my name is Bhanu prakash. I read that we can apply for ips while we are in final year of under gradution. How can i apply for ips exam while studing final year b.com?

IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC in every year . There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Bachelor degree from recognized university are applicable for IPS Exam.Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.

You are B.com final year student so you are applicable for IPS exam .But youst attend in Civil Service Exam.

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

You can apply here through Online or Offline both mode .For online application you can visit to upsc website .

Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So for this year it is over so you can wait for one year more .Because this exam is conduct once time in year .

You can apply for this exam through online or offline by UPSC exam .The Cost of Examination Application form Rs.100/- for General and OBC candidates and Free for SC/ST candidates .

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2013, 09:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or passed in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have possessed good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST - Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2013, 03:33 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for IPS after doing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police service

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.....

yes , off course you are eligible for Indian Police service exam....

Eligibility :-

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for this exam , Final years student also eligible for this exam , there are no require any kind of percentage marks....

Age Limit :-

Minimum Age ~> 21 years old...

Maximum Age ~> 30 years old...

Age relaxation for OBC category : up to 33 years , for SC/ST category : up to 35 years....

There are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

Citizenship of india....

Exam Pattern:

1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

Books :-

All the best...
17th May 2013, 11:38 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Prakash,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

It is nice to hear that you want to be an IPS officer.

First of all, I would like to tell you that To be an IPS officer, you will have to complete your graduation in any discipline.

If, you are in final year, then also, you are eligible for becoming an IPS officer.

But, for becoming an IPS officer, you will have to write Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

IPS examination is a civil services examination.

The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

IPS examination syllabus:-

IPS examination pattern:-

23rd May 2013, 01:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Selection of candidates to IPS is done through civil services exam. You can apply for the exam during final year of graduation. The test is conducted by UPSC and applications can be submitted through their official portal. The exam is conducted in the month of May. Your age must be less than 30 years to attend IAS.
10th June 2014, 07:52 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You are a graduate in regular stream and hence, eligible for appearing in the Indian Police Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 30years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of five years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.
10th September 2019, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Final year degree fail after ips exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?