9th February 2017, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

From where can I pursue Chemical Engineering course? Can I apply for JEE Main exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed my B.Sc Chemistry and now I want to continue with my studies and pursue Chemical Engineering course so I want to know from where can I pursue Chemical Engineering course? Can I apply for JEE Main exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  3. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  4. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
  5. What would be the over all rank for JEE mains if I have scored 190-200 marks?
  6. How to do lateral entry in B.Tech in DCE? I am a 3rd year student of electrical and electronics diploma
  7. Admission in B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Jadavpur University for Agra student with 145 marks in JEE Main
  8. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?
  9. What should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?
  10. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  11. What is the last date of filling the AIEEE offline form
  12. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?
  14. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  15. Am i eligible to write JEE with Diploma in Chemical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if scored 62% marks in 12th?
  17. Am I eligible to pursue M.Tech in Chemical engineering (Textile manufacturing) after completing M.Sc chemistry?
  18. How can I get admission in AIEEE 2nd year after doing diploma?
15th February 2017, 09:38 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where can I pursue Chemical Engineering course? Can I apply for JEE Main exam?

Yes, you can pursue B.Tech in Chemical engineering stream but have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by various universities and institutions.

You are not eligible to appear for JEE as you have passed your bachelor degree and candidates have only three attempts to appear for JEE Main ( three consecutive years along with year of passing 12th ).

But, you are eligible to get admission in private universities.
15th February 2017, 10:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where can I pursue Chemical Engineering course? Can I apply for JEE Main exam?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination which is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical courses from CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM,etc. and other private colleges of India.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in JEE Main then for your information as you have completed your B.Sc in Chemistry which means you must have completed your Class 12th three years ago and hence you are not eligible for appearing in JEE as for appearing in JEE the maximum number of attempts allowed in three which starts from the year in which you appeared in your Class 12th board examination even you do not appear in JEE.

But you still look for engineering colleges funded by State governments or private engineering colleges if you have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 45% aggregate from a recognized board which is the basic requirement for any engineering degree course.
18th February 2017, 11:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my B.Sc Chemistry and now I want to continue with my studies and pursue Chemical Engineering course so I want to know from where can I pursue Chemical Engineering course? Can I apply for JEE Main exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
List of the college for Chemical Engineering in India:-

1.Birla Institute of Technology & Science - BITS Pilani Pilani
Contact Deatils: Pilani
Vidya Vihar Campus
Pilani
Rajasthan
PIN Code - 333031
INDIA

2.Institute of Technology-Varanasi (IT-BHU) Varanasi
Contact Deatils: Varanasi
Institute Of Technology
Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi 221 005
Contact No: 0542-2368427

3.Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati - IIT Guwahati Guwahati
Contact Deatils: Guwahati
Indian Institute Of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati 781039
Assam, India
Director
Tel : +91 - 361 - 2690401 (O)
Fax : +91 - 361 - 2692321

4.Indian Institute of Technology - Roorkee - IIT Roorkee Roorkee
Contact Deatils: Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee, Uttarakhand
India - 247667
Contact No. +91-1332-285311

5.Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur - IIT Kanpur Kanpur
Contact Deatils: Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP)
Phone: 0512-259 7288

6.Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur- IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur
Contact Deatils: Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur - 721302, INDIA
Telephone Number +91-3222-255221 | FAX : +91-3222-255303

7.Indian Institute of Technology Madras - IIT Madras Chennai
Contact Deatils: Chennai
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
I.I.T. Post Office
Chennai - 600 036
India
Fax : +91 (44) 2257 0509

8. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D) Delhi/NCR
Contact Deatils: Delhi/NCR
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi - 110 016.
INDIA

No, you can't apply for JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?