27th June 2011, 09:18 PM
Logesh kumarapandian

Will backlogs affect me to get recruited in MNC companies? Books to be referred for developing aptitude?

Do having arrears could possibly affect me in getting recruited in mnc companies. What are books to refer for developing aptitude?

4th July 2011, 09:45 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will backlogs affect me to get recruited in MNC companies? Books to be referred for developing aptitude?

Yes, to get selected in MNC's you must have cleared all your back logs and you even need to have an aggregate above 65%.So, you need to score well in your backlogs so that you maintain a good aggregate.The eligibility regarding aggregate may vary from company to company.

There are many books which you can refer for developing aptitude skills.Some of the books which you can refer are:-
General Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal

You can even refer books of authors like Arun Sharma,Shakunthala Devi but for the Aptitude part R.S Agarwal is the best.For going through the exams conducted by MNC's you should even be going through puzzle type questions and they may even ask questions regarding to core subjects.Hence, you need to focus on all these parts to score well in the written stages.
4th July 2011, 11:17 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will backlogs affect me to get recruited in MNC companies? Books to be referred for developing aptitude?

hi dear

in Campus recuirement most of company
criteria is 60% through out career,

no BACKLOGS

*So at the time of posting if you clear then you able to attain the campus
with out inform any body...............
4th July 2011, 11:34 PM
nagnani

Thumbs up Re: Will backlogs affect me to get recruited in MNC companies? Books to be referred for developing aptitude?

hi..
it will be in two ways...
suppose, a person who is having backlogs but very good at technical skills, aptitude, and other skills, then there is no objection... the HR always wants a technically sound person eventhough the person who is having backlogs...

books to be referred for aptitude:

R.S. AGARWAL for quantitative aptitude

R.S. AGARWAL for verbal & non verbal
5th July 2011, 12:29 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend it will create problem at the time of campusing of not only MNC's but also PSU's...
No, companies allow a candidate who have backlogs..
every company wants a clear result...
if you have any backlog then first clear it as soon as possible and get a clear result..
Also you have to do well in that paper to increase your aggregate above 60%..
because MNC's are want 60% aggregate all over your career.

The best books to prepare for aptitude test are-
1.R.S Agarwal(verbal reasoning and quantitive aptitude)
2.Arun Kumar
etc..
As you want to go in MNC's then I will suggest you to go for the sample question paper of that particular MNC..
It will help you a lot.. you will get lots of common question from that sample paper..
It will help you to crack the aptitude test..
you can get the sample paper from www.freshersworld.com
to get the sample papers just log on to the website..
All the best..
5th July 2011, 12:56 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logesh kumarapandian View Post
Do having arrears could possibly affect me in getting recruited in mnc companies. What are books to refer for developing aptitude?
hello sir
you are right it will effect in your placement but sir if you clear all your backlog exam above 65 % and all your year aggregrate percentage should be above 65% and if your result of backlog is better then your previous result then company definately respect your progress and surely pick you
books you can use for preparation in developing aptitude skills.Some of the books which you can refer are:- General Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
and
best of luck sir
And surely you will rock
5th July 2011, 12:58 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logesh kumarapandian View Post
hello sir
you are right it will effect in your placement but sir if you clear all your backlog exam above 65 % and all your year aggregrate percentage should be above 65% and if your result of backlog is better then your previous result then company definately respect your progress and surely pick you
books you can use for preparation in developing aptitude skills.Some of the books which you can refer are:- General Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
and
best of luck sir
And surely you will rock And shine
5th July 2011, 02:03 AM
naveen7777

Yes it will affect a bit but if you are able to score a good and high marks in backlog then company definately pick you up
because they always respect hard worker try to achieve aggregrate more of 65 %
5th July 2011, 10:38 AM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
MNCs look forward the overall academic career of a student..Apart from clearing all the exams..you need to have good percentage in 10th,12th and graduation..
Books for aptitude include RS Aggarwal,RS SHARMA
Apart from technical and aptitude knowledge you need to have good communication skills and should be confident enough to face the interviewer
Good Luck
5th July 2011, 12:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Backlogs will definitely affect you in your career if you are not taking it seriously. Most of the companies do not recruit candidates who have backlogs. When it comes to campus placements, the college authorities itself will not allow you to appear for the interviews. If it is just one or two arrears and, if you have already cleared It., then it will not affect you much. Some of the companies will select you and tell you that you will have to clear the papers before the joining date. There are lots of books available to develop your aptitude. You can also refer presentations which are available online.
7th July 2011, 03:32 PM

hiiiiiii.........
ya definitely backlog affects you alot for MNC.because whn you got selected in mnc they asked for your cartificate,at that time you have no cartificate ,it creates a lot of problem.
good books for developing aptitude-
- RS AGGRAWAL
-QUICKER MATHEMATICS
-ARUN SHARMA
-ARIHANT QUANTITATIVE APPTITUDE
best of luck.........
12th August 2012, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

I do not think so..Degree is a must..And Marks along with a percentage is just an Eye wash.Anybody can score marks and pass out without arrears..and with my personal experience i have seen many companies recruiting people with arrears.My friend had almost 17 Papers in the final semester but he was let through Cause he performed well in all the tests...But one important thing companies always hires for talent and not for Marks :D. But if u have arrears u might only get into the entry level..
Anyways try to clear your papers as soon as possible..All the very best for your future......
23rd May 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i got placed in a software company through campus drive program .if i will have some backlogs in the final year ,can join that company???????????????
17th July 2015, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I have 4 years of experience in IT and now selected for a MNC. I have almost got the offer from the company but the problem is I still have one backlog left.. Will I be hired or I may be rejected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?