6th January 2011, 02:34 PM
arun.3169

Will a gap of 1 year affect my chances in future?

Hi , i am arun prasad from chennai . I have finished my undergraduate(B.sc Computer science) degree in june , the next month i got into a MNC and unfortunately i failed in one of the exit test conducted by the organization and i was sent out of the company on dec . Now i am thinking of pursuing my higher studies from the next academic year , will the break of one year cause me any problem in future ? i am very much confused , please help me out .

Regards

Arun Prasad

31st May 2011, 08:23 PM
stranger351

Default Re: Will a gap of 1 year affect my chances in future?

I think now impossible to you for taking admission from 2nd year in BSc.
You have to star your career from new side.
I think the best is for you again go for graduation and then after that apply for Bank exams.
I hope so your age is 23 to 25 so you are eligible after completing your graduation.
31st May 2011, 09:16 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

I think one year gap will not affect your admission and study. Most of the university are not accepting of that candidate application that has 2 or more then year academic gap. You have one year it’s not a big problem try in any university which you want to take admission definitely you have a chance to get admission but your age not be over.
31st May 2011, 09:34 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.3169 View Post
Hi , i am arun prasad from chennai . I have finished my undergraduate(B.sc Computer science) degree in june , the next month i got into a MNC and unfortunately i failed in one of the exit test conducted by the organization and i was sent out of the company on dec . Now i am thinking of pursuing my higher studies from the next academic year , will the break of one year cause me any problem in future ? i am very much confused , please help me out .

Regards

Arun Prasad

Yes break of one year do affect one's career, as when you will go in a company seeking a job they'll ask you the reason for the gap of an year in your graduation and post graduation.

Besides this is not a big deal. You need to make up your mind.
Right now whether you want to pursue higher education or still want to seek a job.

If you want to pursue higher education for me the best option for you is M.Sc (IT).

You can also pursue MBA or MCA(providing that you had maths at 10+2 level.)

If you want to do a job with studying, all you can do is, you can pursue your PG through distance education program for which IGNOU university is the best.

Choice is yours, make up your mind, call up your future plans and aspects and do take a firm decision. I wish you all the very best.
31st May 2011, 09:47 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

it will create many problems only when you dont have any valid reason.
You have valid reason. But HR may ask what you did after your exit from that mnc.
Its better to give true reason, many mnc's have background check.
31st May 2011, 09:48 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.3169 View Post

Regards

Arun Prasad
friend,

a break of one year is not such a big deal,but when you will be going for the interview they will ask you about this back.so you should have a strong reason for that,otherwise it is ok if you are doing it for a good reason.
31st May 2011, 09:52 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
If you had selected for MNC then of course, you have talent to get nice job after one year gap. Sure you can go for your higher studies, but there is no master degree for one year, atleast it takes 2-3 yrs. For completing master degree. After master degree you will have more opportunities in your chosen sector,so frequently pursue your master degree.
Ok, best of luck.
31st May 2011, 09:57 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I dont think its a cause to worry, as many students are now a days taking one yr break for entrance exam preparations, so during the time of interview or placement you can give excuse for preparation of exams.
As far as you have to a good score in graduation , one yr gap doesnt matter.
31st May 2011, 10:30 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

No problem. With correct reason one year gap won't affect your future.
31st May 2011, 10:35 PM
mandiv

hello
dear now a days
there is no such big deal with a one year gap....
many recruiters want the candidate who fulfill their requirements.....
though there would be some lag as compared to others but that doesn't mean that you will not get a quality job....rather you'll get a better placement....
so do not get confused...
increase your personality skills, as well as maintain your self confidence for facing the recruiters well
all the best
31st May 2011, 10:36 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend
The gap of one year after the engineering (B.Tech) courses generally does not affect much in the future
but then it may happen so that after the higher education you may get the campus placement and in the interview you may be asked about the gap then you may give the valid reason for that then it will be ok

so i think you should go for the higher education like that of the M.Tech
and after that take the job

so best of luck
31st May 2011, 10:44 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend
The gap of one year after the engineering (B.Tech) courses generally does not affect much in the future
but then it may happen so that after the higher education you may get the campus placement and in the interview you may be asked about the gap then you may give the valid reason for that then it will be ok

so i think you should go for the higher education like that of the M.Tech
and after that take the job

so best of luck
31st May 2011, 11:09 PM
Ajya Singh

Angry Re: Will a gap of 1 year affect my chances in future?

Please check your Rankings Here. If you remain in top 30, you'll win Scholarships. Top five will also get valuable Certificates.

You can find Unanswered Questions Here. Answer them first, and take the lead over other members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread

#1 6th January 2011, 08:04 AM
arun.3169
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2011

Will a gap of 1 year affect my chances in future?

Regards

Arun Prasad

#2 Today, 03:04 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Top Answerer Join Date: Jul 2010

Re: Will a gap of 1 year affect my chances in future?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/will-gap-1-year-affect-my-chances-future-68550.html#ixzz1NwtS0AEL
31st May 2011, 11:09 PM
miiky

Yes it can affect your career. I am telling this because when you will go in a company for interview they will ask the reason for this. But don't be fustrated because it will not affect permanently. So work hard.
31st May 2011, 11:27 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

don't be confused this one year break will not effect your career so much. if you do higher study then there is no problem. you should go for it. obviously it will give a bad impression at the time of interview till you don't have any way. so you must go on towards the higher study.

after B.Sc in computer science you may go for B.Tech in computer science study or you may go some master degree course like M.Sc in computer science or you may go for MBA.

there are lots of opportunity in higher study. if you go for MBA then easily you will get good job with good salary after completion of MBA. so you may go for it.

don't worry so much. you failed in one exit test it does not mean that you don't have potential. just move on forward.

best of luck.
31st May 2011, 11:39 PM
babydoll

Hello,
Well year gap in academics doesn't affect to the career. As many companies having the cutoff 60% all through that is in 10th,12th and in graduation.
So, if you make a year gap between the degrees it doesn't harm more but some of the companies have the strict criteria for the year gap.
So don't get worried just try to make concept clear. If you have good knowledge then no one can stops you.
31st May 2011, 11:49 PM
SKUMAR76

HELLO
Don't Worry, if you are higher and well qualified then it is not a problem actually it is totally depend your genuine reason for the gap. if you are interested in education and your education is likely to effected for some other reason. you are already BSC It graduate then you must go with master degree as MBA or MCA M. Tech. Don's be disappointed. be happy.....
31st May 2011, 11:51 PM
Deb51

one year gap is nothing if you do well in your higher study. just you should not break. concentrate on your study and do good result in higher study. then you will face more good opportunity to develop your career.
1st June 2011, 12:01 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Of course not, if you are a competent and

quality person you will have no dearth of jobs, all the companies will be interested in you.

keep a good reason to explain the gap.

additionally you can not change your past so look towards future and work well.
1st June 2011, 12:16 AM
Ankur agrawal

Hii,
There is no problem gap between the study you may apply for the higher study their is no problem to near future . no one company ask you why you take this..
ankur
1st June 2011, 12:43 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you have one year gap.
So you do not worry about this.
some trouble arises when CAMPUS IN YOUR COLLEGE BECAUSE MOST COMPANY REQUIRE ONLY 60% AND FRESHERS THIS..
1st June 2011, 12:54 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Don't worry the one year gap will affect the career not too much. But there are some companies which ask freshers without any gap . So dont worry most of companies don't ask this.
1st June 2011, 01:46 AM
pooja bhartii

No. This will not affect in your career because all you need to have proper skills and knowledge. If you are passionate and hardworking about your career subject then it wont matter about gap year.
Company require intellectual and skilled person, they dont see whether you had any gap in your acedemic fronts or not. They may ask the reason but this wont affect much.
1st June 2011, 09:11 AM
sri_green09

It will not have much effect since you are going to do your higher studies,but at the time of interview they will ask the reason for the one year gap.Be confident and do not get confused much regarding this.
1st June 2011, 11:08 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

don't worry.you should not get pressure for that,be positive minded.

However,
1:if you have future plan for getting job in MNCs,there may be a little bit worry for some particular high profiled companies which never allow to sit in their campus interview.

2:if you are interested for higher studies ,there is no problems. so,you may go for M.Tech,MBA,M.Sc etc

3:If you wanna job with studying parallely ,you can go for PG through distance education program for which IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University),Vidyasagar University etc are the best options for you.

Good luck.
1st June 2011, 03:00 PM
byshah

If you have completed your B.Sc than surely you can go with MSc. As it is the master's course and you will get benefit of it while seeking a job in future.
As you have a gap of 1 year you can also apply for MBA if you wish so as sometime the experience really counts a lot.
Don't think to much about what you have been through, just focus on future and take proper guidance from parents/counsellor time to time which will help you a lot taking correct decision.
1st June 2011, 04:16 PM
goldin

you can continue your studies..the gap is affected only for software jobs..if you tell reasonabe reasons while interview they will accept that reason so you dont worry..higher studies is better for your future
2nd June 2011, 06:46 PM
frooty.scooty

No,there will be little effect.

After completion of your degree,you will go for any jobs.

Then that you will give the certificates to that members.

At that time they will ask.

whats the gap,here you have to said the correct explanation then they will excuse.

Good luck.
2nd June 2011, 10:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

At first I will say,be positive ,keep confidence in yourself,knowledge is the main issue for anyone's carrier. so if you have proper knowledge ,have the basic concepts in your base subjects ,you will get the result in future.

However,as you are now interested in higher studies,there is no more problems.If you apply in any MNCs there may be some problem,but if you completed your master degree,there will not be problem anymore.

Go for the master degree positively.
Now you can go for:
1:B.Tech in Computer Sc.& Engg.
2:M.Sc in IT.
3:MCA.
4:MBA etc
6th August 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Will a gap of 2 year after my graduation effect my chances of getting admission in good MBA University?
18th December 2011, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

hi am raghu.I am doing BE civil.I have 1 year gap between BE 3rd year and final year because of suspension.totally i did 5 years.In that gap time i did 5 civil courses(like Auto cadd,Stadpro,etc..).Will this gap affect my future placements.please give me some advice for this.
11th July 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

sir
i got 1year academic break from my college in b-tech degree after 2nd year,what will it affect my future.can i apply for psu job like ies and ntpc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?