8th April 2011, 10:27 PM
pradeep.singh

What type of preparation is required to get admitted in top MBA college?

sir i ask i am presently do the b.pharma after b.pharma we do the mba what type of preperation is required to get the top college of mba . and what type of entrace we clear and found the IIM or b grade college pls help me

Related Questions:
  1. What type of marks required to get admitted in automobile engineering college
  2. What kind of preparation is required to get admitted in AIIMS medical institution?
  3. Best 35 MBA colleges for which I can apply? Rankwise top MBA colleges in Pune?
  4. Is there any chance to get scholarship after getting admitted in MBA/MCA college? List of top MCA colleges in West Bengal? What is the course fee?
  5. After finishing UG which type of MBA can I do? Top colleges for MBA and syllabus for entrance exam? How much to earn after finishing PG?
  6. Top 20 colleges under JECA? Rank required for getting admitted in those colleges? Fee structure of the colleges?
  7. How much score is required in GRE to get admitted in top 10 to 20 universities to pursue MS?
  8. Qualifications required to do MBA? Fee structure of it and the best colleges to do MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What kind of material is required for preparation for PSU exam?
  10. Am I allowed to fill the application for NET exam? I am admitted to MBA
  11. Procedure to get admission in DU's top most college for M.Com? Minimum percentage required in graduation? Any type of reservation for OBC candidates?
  12. How to join Indian Navy during or after B.E.? What type of preparation required? -- [New]
  13. List of courses to join after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  14. What is the procedure to get admitted into any MCA college at Bangalore for students outside Karnataka?
  15. Procedure to crack aptitude test of any exam?
  16. Is there any opportunity to get admitted in SSN through AIEEE marks? What is the percentage required to get admitted?
  17. Can I make entry into IIMs by CAT Exam having scored 54% in 10th and 61% in B.Tech with an experience of 3 years in IT Industry?
  18. What type of preparation is required for IIT JEE and AIEEE? Books that I should I refer?
9th July 2011, 05:17 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of preparation is required to get admitted in top MBA college?

MBA is Masters of Business Administration.

It is a 2 years course and suitable for those who want to join the corporate world.

It is a highly demanding course and growing too fast.

Anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field is eligible for MBA.

To apply for MBA you can sit for the following entrance exams in India:

CAT(Common Admission Test) is the most toughest entrance exam in India by IIMs for MBA.

To get admission in IIM, you have to score 99% in CAT.

That is really tough, so you have to work very hard.

besides CAT you can also give other exams which are less tougher as compared to CAT. they are:

MAT(Management Aptitude Test by AIMA)

XAT(MBA Entrance Test by XLRI Jamshedpur)

JMET(Joint Management Entrance Test by IITs)

SNAP[Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)]

ATMA(AIMS Test for Management Admission)

MAH-CET(Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test)

FMS Delhi University Entrance Test Faculty of Management Studies

IGNOU OPENMAT - Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Admission Test

IBSAT - ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test.

MBA has many options which you can take as your specialization like...

MBA in Finance

MBA in Health (Pharmaceuticals)

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Information Technology

MBA in Telecommunications

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

Total fees of MBA varies from institute to institute....

The total fee for institutes like IIM(Class A) is around 15 lacs.

The total fee for institutes like XLRI, FMS(Class B) is 5 to 8 lacs.

The total fee for other institutes(Class C) are 2 to 6 lacs.
9th July 2011, 10:57 PM
raja badam

Default Re: What type of preparation is required to get admitted in top MBA college?

Dear friend,

If you want to study in IIM or any top Business Schools.You must write CAT Examination.

CAT is an National level Examination.MAT is another Exam for get in Top level B-Schools.

CAT Exam conducts yearly once and MAT Exam Conduct yearly four Times.

Generally CAT Exam Conducts in November month.MAT Exam conducts in February ,May,Septemer,December.

you can choose any one of the option of Paper pen Test or Computer based test for these two exams.

CAT eligibility is Any graduate with Minimm 50% of marks are eligible for Exam.

If you want to clear CAT or MAT Exam you have to prepare Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability.

you have to must read English News paper and Novels.

Follow Business Magazines of Competition Success Review.

for more detaills official website is http://www.catiim.in/
11th July 2011, 02:38 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: What type of preparation is required to get admitted in top MBA college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep.singh View Post
sir i ask i am presently do the b.pharma after b.pharma we do the mba what type of preperation is required to get the top college of mba . and what type of entrace we clear and found the IIM or b grade college pls help me
CAT i.e Common aptitude test , if you manage to clear (can be done after lot of dedication and preparations ) then Different IIM's will call you up ,to get admission into their College. So you can pursue MBA as in Higher studies. Which is very Demanding in Nature these days.

CAT Exam Doesn't depends on how much you score in 10 or 12th.CAT is Common admission test for MBA in Different IIM's.

For Preparing CAT exam you need to have a Proper Coaching centers. like T.I.M.E or Career launcher. Join these Coaching centers for success.

Cat exam is known to be toughest Exam and to clear this Exam you need to More prepared in terms of English and Aptitude.

For CAT you need to be Graduate because for admissions into MBA course you need have a Degree with you.
11th July 2011, 03:31 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

MBA is the Master Degree in Bussines Administration.It has much value in corporate Sector.
To do MBA, you should completed graduation from any recognised university.

To get the admission in top MBA college you should do prepration for CAT(Common Aptitude Test).its a toughest entrance exam for MBA in India.you will have to secure highest rank in CAT exam to get top college.
For preparing CAT exam you need to do hard work on your studies because its a very tough exam.you can join coaching center for better prepration.

Beside this there are many others entrance exam for MBA like MAT,JMET,XAT.you can also apply in this.
11th July 2011, 03:47 AM
Uttam Nandi

To get admission into top business schools like IIM A, IIM B, IIM C, NITIE Mumbai, you need to clear CAT which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
Now as you know CAT is one of the toughest exam in India. You need to score more than 98 percentile to get a call from top IIMs.
It is a highly competitive exam. Only outstanding students clear it.
Also there is other exams like MAT which is easier to crack.
As it is a aptitude test, you will clear it or not depends much upon you inborn capacities.
Well now lets talk about CAT paper. It consists of Verbal, Quant, Data Sufficiency/Data Interpretation, Logical reasoning.
Based on CAT score, short listed candidates will be called for GD/PI.
You should be good in english to do well in verbal section. As much as I can guess from the details of the question that you are not so good in english. You need a lot of improvement. If you are not able to master english, it is not meant to hurt you but frankly speaking you should forget MBA. I am not talking of what will be there in MBA classes or after getting job, you also must have good communication still in english for GD/PI.
For quant section you should practice 10+2 level thoroughly.
For logical, data interpretation section there is no formula for success. Here your aptitude is tested. However you will be able to build this type of problem solving skill with practice.
Hope this will help you
11th July 2011, 06:38 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

you do now B.PHARM

but after that you do MBA

SO for MBA you give first Entrance exam like:--

CAT
MAT
XAT
JMET
IIFT ENTRANCE EXAM

if you get a good percentile then
you able to get good college.
11th July 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I'm in class 12th. I belongs to obc community my fathers' income is 4 lac 20 thousand for the year 2010-11.May i get obc reservation facility to appear the iit jee exam 2012
30th August 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

if cat is unable to clear then any other option ?????
12th October 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

sir if i clear mat but i have not 50% in graduation so i admit in top collage? . and how much minimum % i should be scored for achive that
12th October 2011, 01:04 AM
arun.potturu

Hi friend,
To get placed in top MBA colleges you have to get good percentage in MBA entrance exams.The exams like
1.CAT
2.MAT
3.GMAT
4.FMS
5.PGSET IN ANDHRA PRADESH
6.TANCET IN TAMILNADU.
After qualifying with good rank you will be placed in top colleges.
To clear the exams be strong in the topics like apptitude and reasoning questions.
10th January 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing B.C.A and this is my last year and i want to do M.B.A and can you please suggest me what kind of preparation i need?
9th May 2012, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

last year i have completed my grad, i have worked in tanishq for 1 year.now i m planning to give CAT but at the same time i want to do some job so what type of job should i do so that it will help me in future, and i am interested in marketing and i started my career from sales
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?