26th October 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Will NDA provide me a chance in Indian Customs?

Will NDA Entrance provide a chance for me in INDIAN CUSTOMS

15th November 2011, 02:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will NDA provide me a chance in Indian Customs?

You have not specified about your educational qualifications. You can attend NDA after 12th class. Attending the NDA exam will not give you opportunity to get in to Indian customs. For that, you need to attend the written examination which is conducted by SSC. If you are a graduate in any discipline, you can certainly apply for this exam.
25th May 2012, 02:08 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Will NDA provide me a chance in Indian Customs?

Hi

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy which is the Entrance Exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year for the selection of the candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force.

So it is basically an Entrance related to the entry to Indian Defense and Not Customs.

For the Customs Department, you need to appear for the Civil Service Examinations which is also conducted by the UPSC every year. For that you need to be an Indian National, and over 19 years of age and graduate with at least 55 % aggregate in it.

The Exam would be taken in two parts : PRELIMINARY & MAINS

So one has to clear both on order to get a call on the basis of the merit of this exam.

For any more details on this, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
25th May 2012, 05:37 PM
romi_bal

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy which is the Entrance Exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year for the selection of the candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force.

So it is basically an Entrance related to the entry to Indian Defense and Not Customs.

For the Customs Department, you need to appear for the Civil Service Examinations which is also conducted by the UPSC every year. For that you need to be an Indian National, and over 19 years of age and graduate with at least 55 % aggregate in it.

The Exam would be taken in two parts : PRELIMINARY & MAINS

So one has to clear both in order to get a call on the basis of the merit of this exam.

I have attached the brochure for NDA-2012 for full details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda2_2012_eng.pmd.pdf(101.8 KB, 76 views)
26th May 2012, 09:41 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

NDa stands for NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year to recruit the candidates in Army,Navy,Air force.

If you want to join in customs department you ned to crack the civil services exam this exam conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university

2. Minimum age limit for this exam is 19 years.

3.55% marks required in graduation.

4.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?