30th March 2011, 11:24 AM
akashmitt

Is work experience necessary for Testing exam of foundation level?

Helo sir,
i m a fresher,Please tell me is it necessary to ‘ve work experience before appearing in testing examination for the foundation level??

30th March 2011, 02:23 PM
cricket007
Banned

Default Re: Is work experience necessary for Testing exam of foundation level?

ASTQB was founded in 2003 as the American Testing Board. In April 2005, the name was changed to the American Software Testing Qualifications Board.

Through the involvement of the world's foremost experts in software testing, the program was developed for software professionals who want to prepare today's professionals by anticipating tomorrow's software testing demands.

The British Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB) of the British Computer Society (BCS), in cooperation with the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), organized by ASQF and International Software Quality Institute (ISQI), introduced a truly international standard for software testers. At both the Foundation Level and the Advanced Level the programs supporting the ISTQB Certified Tester bridge the gap between research, standard training and industry practice.

The ASTQB is a group of highly experienced experts in software testing who volunteer their time to the development, maintenance, and promotion of the ISTQB Certified Tester program in the U.S. They also represent U.S. interests internationally as the national board for the U.S. within the ISTQB. The ASTQB is a non-profit organization. Exam and accreditation fees are charged to cover the cost connected with the administration of exams, applications for accreditation, the maintenance of a physical office, exhibits at leading software testing conventions, and the employment of administrative staff.
11th June 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

I am currently working in a BPO after completeing MCA in year 2006, i want to change my job and looking for a career in Software Testing, i have started learning about testing methodologies and done a course in Manual Testing, I am also preparing for the ISTQB certification. I have good academic record . Can i get a job in software testing? How can i start to get a carrer in software Testing?
1st July 2011, 02:46 PM
scorpio1102

what is the paper code for ISTQB foundation level certification? if any?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?