30th October 2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Age criteria to get a Central Government teaching job for females?

I am 28 year old woman. I want to be a primary teacher in central government school. Please tell me what is the age criteria for the job?

30th October 2015, 09:27 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria to get a Central Government teaching job for females?

One must have to fulfill the age criteria for getting job in the government schools.

Here i am providing you Upper Age Limits for male and female both :

** 32 years : For male

** 42 years : For female

Along with the age criteria you must have to fulfill the below given education qualification for the primary teacher post :

** You have to pass Diploma or Certificate in Basic Teacher’s Training of a duration of not less than two years from a well recognized Board/Institution/University.

OR

Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) from a recognized Institution/University.
30th October 2015, 10:31 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria for the Central government teaching job is given under :

* For general candidates the age limit is up to 37 years.

* For OBC candidates the age limit is up to 40 years.

* For SC/ ST candidates the age limit is up to 42 years.

Also the age limit is different for different teachers.

* Age limit for Primary Teacher : 30 years.

* Age limit for Physical education teacher, Drawing teacher, Music teacher : 35 years.

* Age limit for Post graduate teacher : 40 years.

* Age limit for Trained graduate teacher : 35 years.

31st October 2015, 12:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For getting Central Government Teaching job one has to clear Central Teacher Eligibility Test ( CTET ) which is organized by CBSE twice every year.

First of all, I would like to make you clear that there is no age limit for appearing in this examination.

Educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

For becoming a teacher of Class I to Class V, you need to have completed your higher secondary school degree along with two years diploma in elementary education degree with at least 50% aggregate in both the degrees from a recognized institute.

For becoming a teacher of Class VI to VIII, you need to have completed your bachelor degree course along with two years diploma in elementary education degree or one year bachelor of education degree with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized institute.

Note :- Students pursuing final year of the required respective degree course are also eligible for appearing in the same examination. Also there is provision of marks relaxation of 5% in the aggregate required for appearing in the same examination for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details concerning with eligibility, examination pattern and updates about the same examination you can log on to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
31st October 2015, 04:42 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

->If you want to work as Teacher in Central Government, then only way to enter the job is by working at Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools.

->Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates

*Educational Qualification: Must have completed PG with 50%marks in aggregate.

Age limit for Primary Teacher:
30 years

Age limit for Physical Education, Drawing, and Music teacher:
35 years

Age Limit for Post Graduate teachers:
40 years

Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates

Age limit for Trained Graduate Teachers: 35 years

Age limit for Primary Teacher:
30 years

Age limit for Physical Education, Drawing, and Music teacher:
35 years..
31st October 2015, 08:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 28 year old woman. I want to be a primary teacher in central government school. Please tell me what is the age criteria for the job?
There is a procedure for joining in teaching job and that is by applying for the respected entrance exam and the exam which you need to apply is the TET Exam.

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in the post of teacher and the eligibility needed are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is candidate should not exceed 37 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category such as SC/ST it is 42 years and for OBC it is 40 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with at least 45% aggregate for teaching classes from I-V.

# For taking classes for students VI-VIII you need to have completed a degree from a recognized university.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the TET exam. The candidates need to apply for Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for classes I-V and Paper II for classes VI-VIII. If you want to take classes from I-VIII then you need to clear both Paper I and Paper II.
3rd August 2021, 01:53 PM
Anujjindal12

Teaching is a profession in which education needs growth and modernization from time to time. It's a profession that requires patience, skills, dedication, hard work and creativity. One can pursue his career as a teacher if he is interested in this field or can work as a volunteer to help the underprivileged. To become a Government Teacher, the candidate should have acquired the minimum educational qualification required for the level.

Primary schools cover children from grade 1 to grade 8 (ages between 6 to 14).
The eligibility requirement for a Primary Teacher in a Government School is Senior Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate or its equivalent, and Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), or Diploma or certificate in basic teachers' training of not less than two years duration.
After that, you have to qualify for the CTET or STET (Paper 1).

Thanks!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?