27th May 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Pharmacy and M.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Hello Everyone,
I have completed my B.Pharmacy
and M.Tech in Biotechnology.
Am I eligible to write Indian Forest Service exam?
Please reply as soon as possible.

30th May 2015, 09:29 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Pharmacy and M.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination after completion of B.Pharmacy. The minimum educational qualification required is "A Bachelor's Degree with minimum one of the subjects namely, Botany, Geology, Chemistry, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Zoology and Physics" from a recognized university. Since you might have studied one of the above subjects, you are certainly eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination.

List of Optional Subjects:

* Agriculture
* Agricultural Engineering
* Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
* Botany
* Chemistry
* Chemical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Forestry
* Geology
* Physics
* Mathematics
* Mechanical Engineering
* Statistics
* Zoology

Click here for More Details of Indian Forest Services Exam
30th May 2015, 01:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Pharmacy and M.Tech(Biotechnology)?

To join in Indian Forest Service, you need to appear in Indian Forest Service examination. which is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in Indian Forest Service examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notification.

If you have completed your Graduation degree course with any one of the above mentioned subjects listed in Educational Qualification, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service examination.
30th May 2015, 05:15 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible for Indian Forest Services.
Graduates with B.Pharmacy and M.Tech in Biotechnology are not eligible for Indian Forest Services.

Candidates who have completed his/her bachelor degree in following subjects are eligible for Indian Forest Services :

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Geology
Statistics
Zoology
Agriculture
Forestry
Mathematics
Physics

For more details please visit : UPSC IFS
30th May 2015, 05:27 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination with B.Pharmacy as your qualification. In fact any candidate who has completed graduation having at least one of the below are the subjects.

<> Chemistry

<> Physics

<> Mathematics

<> Zoology

<> Statistics

<> Forest Engineering

<> Agricultural Engineering

<> Veterinary Science etc.,

So as per the eligibility Criteria being a B. Pharma candidate you will have Chemistry as one of the subject in your graduation. And more over you need to satisfy the Age criteria and all.

--> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years as per the government rules.

--> So according to the Indian Forest Service Examination you need to have same eligibility Criteria as Civil Services.
30th May 2015, 08:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.

* Aspirant's age should lie between 21-30 years of age.

* Candidate should have bachelor's degree in any of the subjects like Zoology, Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary science or bachelor's degree in Forestry/ Agriculture/ MBBS or Engineering.
30th May 2015, 08:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have completed my B.Pharmacy
and M.Tech in Biotechnology.
Am I eligible to write Indian Forest Service exam?
Please reply as soon as possible.
You have completed B.Pharmacy so you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?