15th November 2016, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for PSC exam after completing class 12th? What is the minimum marks required for IAS officer?

Respected Sir, Am I eligible to appear for PSC exam after completing class 12th or it is compulsory to be graduated? Also tell me what is the minimum marks required for IAS officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?
  2. Minimum Percentage of Marks required in 12th Class and Graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  3. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th (Science) to become an IAS officer?
  4. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  5. Eligible criteria for TCS? Am I eligible for TCS after 58% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 74.28% in BCA?
  6. Minimum qulification and marks required in graduation for IAS entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  8. What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?
  9. What is the minimum percentage required in class 12th to become an IAS officer?
  10. What is the TCS placement eligibility criteria?
  11. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer after completing class 12th (BIPC)? -- [New]
  12. What should I do to become an IAS Officer being a 12th student?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  14. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  15. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  16. Which entrance exams do I have to write after completing class 12th to become an IAS officer? Is Graduation certificate necessary to apply for IAS exam?
  17. Does Diploma also gives +2 certificate?
  18. Job opportunities for a candidate who has secured 88.5% in 10th, 90% in Intermediate and 60% in B.Tech(IT)?
17th November 2016, 03:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for PSC exam after completing class 12th? What is the minimum marks required for IAS officer?

1. PSC stands for Public Service Commission. The minimum qualification required for PSC examination is bachelor's degree. You need to have done bachelor's degree in order to apply for either Public Service commission exam or Civil services examination for Indian Administrative Services.

2. There is no specific percentage of marks set by commission. Any who has passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree can apply for both examinations.
17th November 2016, 03:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for PSC exam after completing class 12th? What is the minimum marks required for IAS officer?

No, you can't appear for such exam based on class 12th qualification. You need minimum graduation degree to apply for such exams. Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For IAS officer exam, you just need a degree with pass marks. There is no percentage criteria for it. Just make sure that you perform well in the exam conducted by the UPSC.
17th November 2016, 07:16 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

PSC stands for Public Service Commission and to appear for this examination you must fulfill some eligibility requirements which are:

> You should hold a graduate/post graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Minimum age should be 18 years and should not exceed 33 years.

> For reserved candidates age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms.

So, you have to complete your graduation at first in order to appear for PSC examination.

The word IAS refers to Indian Administrative Services. To apply for this position, you have to appear for Civil Services Examination and to become eligible for this examination you must pass your graduation with fair marks from a recognized college/university. There is no minimum percentage or marks required, you just have to qualify your graduation level and that's it.
17th November 2016, 08:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in PSC Examination just after completion of 12th Class. Because the minimum educational qualification required to appear in PSC Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline. As you are a 12th Class candidate, I suggest you to pursue Graduation in order to be eligible.

As far as the minimum marks required to become an IAS officer is concerned, there is no certain minimum percentage required to be eligible. Just a Graduation pass from a recognized board/ university is required in order to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?