10th December 2016, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?

Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to pursue LLB course but I am confused about the age criteria. I want to know what is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification criteria required for pursuing LLB course from Meerut?
  2. Can I go for CS if I choose commerce group without mathematics? I have completed 10th exam and waiting for results
  3. Can I pursue LLB after completing class 12th (Medical)? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  4. What is the minimum marks required in class 12th for pursuing Interior Designing course?
  5. How to become a Lawyer if I am 20 years old -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What will be the age criteria for LLB admission after B.Com?
  7. Am I eligible for correspondence LLB after completing M.Com after completing 2nd year PUC? Minimum age for doing LLB?
  8. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Pilot SL? What is the total cost of pursuing the course?
  9. Minimum marks required in Intermediate for pursuing B.Sc Agriculture from a Government college?
  10. How to give CLAT exam while doing B.Com
  11. Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? What is the course duration of LLB?
  12. What is the procedure to apply for entrance exam of LLB after completing class 12th? -- [New]
  13. How can I prepare for LLB entrance test after completing class 12th?
  14. Is it possible to study LLB for a 12th Art student?
  15. Can I appear for CA CPT without class 12th qualification?
  16. What is the procedure to apply for LLb procedure after completing class 12th? Are other degree courses required for applying?
  17. Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? Do I have to appear for any entrance exam?
  18. Diploma of 3 years done from State Technical Board is equivalent to 10+2?
11th December 2016, 09:26 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?

Age criteria for appearing in LLB after 12th standard is as follow:

For general category candidate: Maximum 20 years
For reserved category candidate : maximum 22 years.

Your course duration will be of five years. You can apply for admission in LLB course just after passing intermediate standard. There is no minimum age criteria for admission in LLB.
12th December 2016, 08:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed class 12th and now I want to pursue LLB course but I am confused about the age criteria. I want to know what is the minimum age required after completing class 12th for pursuing LLB course? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of 12th standard, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
12th December 2016, 01:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification to pursue LLB is 12th standard and the duration will be of 5 years. Here is the eligibility criteria to pursue LLB after 12th standard:

> You should have completed 12th standard with 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized board.

> Your age should not exceed 20 years and for SC/ST candidates the age should not exceed 22 years.

With the above eligibility criteria you have to appear for CLAT examination and the selection for admission will be done on the merit scored in the entrance examination.
12th December 2016, 02:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination to get admission in Bachelor of Law after 12th is Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is conducted by National Law University for admission of 12th passed or appearing candidates in top law colleges of India.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT examination:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Board examination appearing candidates can also apply for CLAT exam.

>>Minimum of 45% marks is required for general and OBC candidates to apply for CLAT. There is 5% reduction in marks for SC/ST candidates.

The age at which you have passed 10+2 is enough to pursue Bachelor of Law from any Law university of India. As you have done 12th, you are eligible for LLB no matter what your age is at present.
12th December 2016, 08:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and it is a bachelor degree course after pursuing which one head towards becoming an advocate.

---> Basically, on the basis of duration of course LLB course is offered in two types which are as discussed below ;-

a) LLB course of three years , for students who are willing to pursue the same course after their graduation degree from a recognized university.

b) LLB course of five years, for students who are willing to pursue the same course after their higher secondary school degree from a recognized board.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you are pursuing the LLB Course of five years and for pursuing the same course from National Law University of India you will have to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ).

Also for appearing in this examination as well as pursuing the same course there is no minimum age criteria as any applicant under 20 years ( 22 years in case of SC/ST and PH category ) are eligible.

For more details and updates about CLAT you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
12th December 2016, 09:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me clear your doubt that there is no any upper age limit required to pursue LLB.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-
Candidate must have completed their graduation from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.
There is no any upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?