18th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

How to crack the pre and main UPSC exam?

How to crack the pre and main UPSC exam? Can you please help me with me the steps and preparation procedure which I need to follow? It will be really good if you can answer me back soon as possible. Awaiting to get the answer soon. Thank you!

18th September 2016, 08:37 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to crack the pre and main UPSC exam?

To prepare for UPSC exam is not so easy.This is one of the toughest exam in India and if you clear the exam and interview then your future will become bright. What you need to do is to join coaching classes for preparation. You need to give 8 to 9 hours of study daily with full concentration. Pre exam can be prepared at any competitive coaching classes but for main exam better to go Delhi because in India Delhi considered the best for UPSC main exam preparation.Fees will be around INR 100000 to 150000. Buy books for preparation and get the previous year question papers.
18th September 2016, 08:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To crack IAS exam you have to qualify the Preliminary and Mains exams and Personal Interview. Most of the students now a days prefer coaching in order to crack this tough exam but your personal determination and hard work also matters.
So personally I would like to suggest you to join a good coaching institute and if not then you can prepare yourself at home also.
Clear your basics regarding calculations of mathematics and you are interested subject. Subscribe Success Mirror or Pratiyogita Darpan magazine monthly. Keep yourself updated with current affairs and knowledge. You can also download some current affairs apps in your mobile phone. Don't try to grasp the complex things without understanding the basics. Is somehow you join a coaching institute then also you have to commit yourself hunder percent towards your studies. Moreover most important thing is to practice previous year question papers as much as you can.
18th September 2016, 09:04 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You simply have to follow some basic tips for better preparation of UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) examination. Now UPSC conduct the exams in two stages i.e prelims and main exam.
For prelims exam, you have to study various filed like constitution, current affairs, current movements, Indian economy and geography etc. You can prefer following books for prelims exam :
** Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
** Geography of India by D.R.Khullar
** India Year Book etc
And for mains exam, you have very vast syllabus. So you have to study hard with regular routine. You can prefer following books to prepare mains exam :
** UPSC Civil Services Exam
** General Studies 2017 : For UPSC, SSC, Railways, PSUS, Bank and Other Competitive Exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?