25th June 2017, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IMA after class XII?

Sir, my name is Ajay Kumar and I studying in class Xll. I am 18 years old and will be 19 on the date 3 April 2017 and my question is to Am I eligible for IMA?

25th June 2017, 08:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IMA after class XII?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IMA just after completion of 12th Class. There is a certain eligibility required in order to be eligible for joining Indian Military Academy.

In order to join Indian Military Academy, you are required to appear in Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). There are several wings under CDSE recruitment and they are,

>> Indian Military Academy

>> Naval Academy

>> Officer Training Academy

>> Air Force Academy

In order to join IMA, you are required to pass "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. So I suggest you to first complete Graduation in order to be eligible.
26th June 2017, 12:23 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Military Academy you must complete your bachelor's degree from a recognized college. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 years. You must be an Indian citizen and should be physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination. The selection will based on the performance in the examination followed by physical test and personal interview.
28th June 2017, 05:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, my name is Ajay Kumar and I studying in class Xll. I am 18 years old and will be 19 on the date 3 April 2017 and my question is to Am I eligible for IMA?
No, you are not eligible for IMA pot.

The minimum educational qualification required for IMA exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

This exam is conducted by UPSC through CDS exam.

You can apply Indian Army through NDA exam because the minimum educational qualification required for NDA exam is 12th standard.
2nd July 2017, 06:40 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completing Graduation in any stream,you are eligible for UPSC CDS EXAM. After cracking this exam,you have to give 5 days SSB INTERVIEW.After all this,you will get Prestigious INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?