9th March 2015, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Being a B.Tech 2nd year student how can I join Indian Army?

Hello,
I have completed my 12th with 96% marks and
then I joined B.Tech. This is my 2nd year going
and now I want to join Indian Army right now.
Kindly tell me what I have to do for joining Indian Army?

10th March 2015, 06:56 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a B.Tech 2nd year student how can I join Indian Army?

Being a B.Tech 2nd year student, you cannot join in Indian Army. To join in Indian Army, you need to appear in CDS examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 19-24 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you have not completed Graduation degree course from a recognised university, you are not eligible to appear in CDS examination and you cannot join in Indian Army being a B.Tech 2nd year student.
14th April 2015, 09:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear you have a very good percentage of marks in your 12th. Still if you have required age limits for NDA then you can join in the Indian Army with 12th qualification.

And there is another option, as you said you are doing 2nd year B.Tech so after completion of graduation you can apply for " CDS ( Combined Defence Services Examination ) and it is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility for NDA :

1.You should complete 12th with minimum 70% of marks with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as your subjects from the recognized university.

2.Age must be in between 161/2 to 19 years and there is a Age relaxation applicable for reserved candidates.

Eligibility for CDS :

1.You must complete the graduation from the recognized university.

2.Minimum age : 19 years

Maximum age : 23 years.
15th April 2015, 11:06 PM
Ashwakh

Indian Army
=========

After completion of B.tech , you can apply for different posts as well as Entrance exams to join in Indain army.

~ While you are in Third year of b.tech you can apply for the UES exam to join in army.
UES stands for university entry scheme.

~ While you are in final year of b.tech and after completion of b.tech you can apply for the cds exam to join in army.
cds stands for combined defence service exam . The exam will be conducted by upsc , twice in every year.

Age shouldbe in between 19-24 years to join in army through cds exam .
You shouldbe a citizen of india and shouldbe an unmarried candidate

Selection process is ,

> written exam
> ssb interview
> medical test

exam syllabus is ,

> general knowldge = 100 marks
> general english = 100 marks
> elementary maths = 100 marks

** After completion of B.tech you can also apply for the post of Technical officer in army.
to apply for the post , you shouldhave completed your b.tech with minimum of 60% .
16th April 2015, 12:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you that, being a B.tech second year student you have to wait for at least two years for joining Indian army .

As for joining Indian army you will have to compete Combined Defense Service ( CDS )Examination and for which you are required to have a bachelor degree with any discipline from a recognized university .

Also for this examination you must be an Indian Citizen and for joining Indian army you will have to apply for Indian Military Academy or Officer's training academy for which the required age lies within 19 years to 24 years or 19 years to 25 years respectively .

The CDS examinations are held twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission and are called as CDS I & CDS II .Also the examination is held in two steps which are written examination and Service selection board interview respectively .

For more information about this examination please visit the official website of

UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
18th April 2015, 05:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army through CDS(Combined Defense Services) exam after completion of your B.tech degree .

UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

UPSC has set some eligibility criteria to apply for CDS exam.These criteria are following:-

-The applying candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate must posses a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy,10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics/B.E./B.Tech. for Air Force Academy and B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics/B.E. for Naval Academy.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 19 years to 22 years for Naval Academy,19 years to 23 years for Air Force Academy,19 years to 24 years for Military Academy and 19 years to 25 years for Officer's Training Academy.

-The selection process involves;

*Written Exam,

*Interview by Services Selection Board,

*Medical Test.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?