28th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech? I am doing bachelors degree in electronics and communication(2nd Year)

gud noon sir,
i'm puneet kour n am doing my bachelors degree in electronic and communication (2nd year)
and my aim is to join the indian army after completing my b.tech or while doing my course .i had listen that their is a paper in 3rd year for joining the indian army .... so please tell me the procedure or the forms related to my branch so that i can serve the nation

27th October 2012, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech? I am doing bachelors degree in electronics and communication(2nd Year)

sir
i am srinivas have done my btech EEE in 2011 but now i want to join in army, can u please tell me how it is possible for me
27th October 2012, 10:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech? I am doing bachelors degree in electronics and communication(2nd Year)

After completion of B.Tech. you can join Indian Army through applying, appearing and cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

To be eligible to join Indian Army of CDS one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream or B.Tech. from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with physical fitness and Medical Test.

As you are pursing 2nd year B.Tech., you can apply for CDS in the final year of your B.Tech. studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd December 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir
i'm jaideep badiyal n i'm pursuing my bachelors in mechanical engineering (3rd year) n i want to join indian army.As u've said that the exam is been conducted twice a year. So i just want to know that am i eligible for this exam.
24th December 2012, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

i am Arunbabu doing my 3rd year b.tech in calicut university(civil engineering). I am 21 age now. How can i join to Indian army after my b.tech course?
6th January 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

i'm kondeti anjan kumar of 3rd year b.tech in gudlavalleru engineering college in electronics and communication department of age 20.my father is an ex-service man,died the past year in march.i want to join indian army\air force.how can i achieve my dream?
7th January 2013, 06:12 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech? I am doing bachelors degree in electronics and communication(2nd Year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
gud noon sir,
i'm puneet kour n am doing my bachelors degree in electronic and communication (2nd year)
and my aim is to join the indian army after completing my b.tech or while doing my course .i had listen that their is a paper in 3rd year for joining the indian army .... so please tell me the procedure or the forms related to my branch so that i can serve the nation

How To Join Indian Army After B.Tech

After completing your B.Tech you can appear for the Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam conducted by UPSC in the months of February and September..

Candidates appearing for CDS must :-

>> completed their graduation in any stream for Army..

>> must be within the age limit of 19-24 years for the Indian Military Academy..

You need to clear the written exam which will test you on the basis of the following sections :-

>> GK
>> Basic Maths
>> General English

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in in case you still have any queries regarding the exam..

I have also attached some of the previous year question papers of CDS for your reference..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..
With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-1 ENGLISH 2012.pdf(543.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 GK 2012.pdf(2.00 MB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 MATHS 2012.pdf(729.6 KB, 109 views)
29th May 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
my percentage is below 60 am i aligible for I.M.A ??
25th June 2013, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

hello ,
i am doing btech from it branch.Is there chance of getting in army as I think ,I have wrong steam .
Help me.Please.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?