7th February 2017, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for income tax officer job after B.Sc in English?

Does a candidate who completed B.Sc in English is eligible to become an income tax officer? If no, then tell me about the best course?

7th February 2017, 11:34 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for income tax officer job after B.Sc in English?

You will be eligible for income tax officer job after B.Sc in English. Any graduate is eligible to apply for this exam.

The candidate who wishes to become an Income Tax officer has to appear for the SSC CGL exam .

The eligibility criteria required to be eligible for the Income Tax Officer exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The selection exam for the post of Income tax officer is held in three stages.

Stage 1: Written Objective type Examination (Tier 1)

I General Intelligence + Reasoning - 50 marks
II Gen.Awareness- 50 marks
III Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks
IV English Comprehension - 50 marks

Total Marks - 200

Duration: 02 hours

Stage 2 : Written Conventional type Examination (Tier 2)

I.Quantitative Abilities : 200 marks (100 Questions)
Duration: 2 hours

II.English Language & Comprehension: 200 marks.

Duration : 2 hours

Total Marks : 400

Stage 3: Personality test/Interview :100 Marks
7th February 2017, 11:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer recruitment after successful completion of B.Sc in English course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Income Tax Officer recruitment is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are done with B.Sc in English course, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this Income Tax Officer recruitment.
8th February 2017, 12:39 AM
ramanishita
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Can I apply for income tax officer job after B.Sc in English?

Dear candidate,

Obviously you can apply for income tax officer job after B.sc in English. You can get this job through staff selection commission. Be an income tax officer you can get social status, respect, high salary. You must start your preparation for SSC combined graduate level exam. There are 3 parts in this exam-
1. Tire 1 (100 questions, 200 marks)
2. Tire 2(200 marks for mathematics) and 200 marks for English.
3. Tire 3 descriptive type.

If you cross the final cutoffs after all the tests then you can get job in central board of direct taxes as an inspector of income tax.

I hope it'll help you.
8th February 2017, 11:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does a candidate who completed B.Sc in English is eligible to become an income tax officer? If no, then tell me about the best course?
Yes, you can apply for Income Tax Officer jobs through SSC CGL exam.

Minimum educational qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is completing a degree course from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
8th February 2017, 01:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment as an I.R.S Officer in Income tax department.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age for reserved category.

So, you can appear examination but have to qualify in Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th February 2017, 01:33 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become an Income Tax Officer a candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or should be in a final year so that he/she will be eligible to appear for SSC (Staff Selection Commission) exam for Income Tax department. The age should be between 20-27 years also there is upper age relaxation for the reserved category candidates and should be physically and medically fit.
8th February 2017, 07:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any graduates from an UGC recognized university can apply for income fax officer jobs through exams like UPSC civil services and SSC CGL. Just make sure you have age between 18 to 27 years for CGL and 21 to 32 for civil service exam.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned organisation.
8th February 2017, 09:03 PM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes offcourse, you can be an income tax officer if you graduate with English.
The post of income tax officer recruits through SSC CGL exam. The required qualification for application form is graduation in any subject and age required 21-30 years.
You are also applicable for further exams :-
IBPS CLERK /PO
UPSC civil services
INDIAN RAILWAY goods guard /ASM
COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICES
and various State pcs and public service commission exam. Etc.
26th April 2019, 02:57 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

The age should be between 20-27 years also there is upper age relaxation for the reserved category candidates and should be physically and medically fit.

Yes, you can apply for Income Tax Officer jobs through SSC CGL exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?