13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA after diploma, if I am girl?

Hello, I am Anchal Tirkey. I want to appear for NDA after clearing diploma in polytechnic and also want to join in defence line. Being a girl, may I get selected or not in NDA? If not possible in NDA, then tell another option for joining any other defence line.

13th July 2017, 11:27 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA after diploma, if I am girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am Anchal Tirkey. I want to appear for NDA after clearing diploma in polytechnic and also want to join in defence line. Being a girl, may I get selected or not in NDA? If not possible in NDA, then tell another option for joining any other defence line.
Education Qualification for NDA:- 12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy.

Age limit for NDA :- 16.5 - 19.5 years

If you have diploma in Engineering,then you are eligible to apply for SSC Junior Engineer Exam & Railway junior Engineer Exam.
13th July 2017, 11:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and same is a defense academy meant for providing training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an aim to become a defense commissioned officer.

Further NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Test followed by SSB interview respectively.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your Class 12th or must be appearing in Class 12th board examination in any discipline from a recognized board. If you are interested in joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force then for that your academics must include Physics and Mathematics.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms as notified in the notification released for the same examination.

It is evident from the above mentioned eligibility criteria that being a girl candidate you are not eligible to join NDA as for the same only male candidates are eligible.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 07:50 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Only unmarried male candidates in age range of 16.5-19.5 years can apply for NDA entrance examination. Female candidates can not apply for NDA entrance exam.

You can pursue Bachelor of technology after diploma to become eligible for AFCAT or CDS or UES to join defence.
14th July 2017, 08:54 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services after 12th.

First and Foremost girls candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination.

So, there is no chance of appearing in NDA examination for you.

But, you can join defence service through CDS. For detail information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 12:39 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

You can not apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination because female candidates are not eligible for this exam as per eligibility criteria.

At graduation level, female candidates have options like Combined Defence Services and Air Force Common Admission test to enter into defence wings.
14th July 2017, 01:16 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA recruitment being a girl. Yes, there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA (National Defence Academy) recruitment examination.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "12th Class" or Higher Secondary course from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern.

>> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA Examination.

>> Female or Women candidates are not at all eligible to apply for NDA Examination. So being a girl, you cannot apply for NDA Examination.

>> I suggest you to pursue Graduation first, so that you can apply for CDS (Combined Defence Services) recruitment examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
14th July 2017, 05:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for NDA after diploma being a girl as girls are not allowed to sit for NDA exam. If a girl is willing to join Indian Army, she should write CDS exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

Indian Naval Academy -B.E./B.Tech.

Indian Air Force Academy - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech.

-Age limit:

IMA - 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy -19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy -19 years to 23 years

OTA - 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
14th July 2017, 05:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance exam. Only unmarried male candidates in age range of 16.5-19.5 years can apply for NDA entrance exam. Female candidates who are interested in joining Defence can pursue Bachelor's degree in engineering to become eligible for following entrance exam of Defence:

>>Combined Defence Services exam.

>>Air Force Common Admission Test.

>>SSC Tech for Women for Indian Army.

>>University Entry Scheme.
14th July 2017, 05:59 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join the same one needs to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for applying for NDA entrance examination being a girl candidate then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in same examination as for the same examination only unmarried Indian male candidates are eligible.
14th July 2017, 06:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Girls cannot apply for NDA exam.

Only those boys can appear this exam is passed 12th class from the recognised board.

The age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

But girls cannot apply this exam.

But after completing graduation girls can apply for CDS exam. It's better than NDA.

So, firstly complete your graduation from the recognised University.

The age limit is between 19 to 25 years.
19th July 2017, 01:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, Girls candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?