10th April 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam on the basis of graduation in botany and B.Pharm?

I had completed graduation in botany as well as B.Pharm. Can I appear for UPSC exam.
If I can appear, I want to know what subjects and book are needed for the preparation.

10th April 2017, 10:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam on the basis of graduation in botany and B.Pharm?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for this exam is:

1. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can apply for UPSC Civil Services examination after bachelor's degree in botany. You can either select botany or Pharmacy as your optional subject.

Best books for preparation of this examination:

Indian Polity by Subash Kashyap.

Geography by G.C Leong.

NCERT books of Science and Social science.

History by Bipan Chandra.

Economics by Ramesh Singh.
11th April 2017, 04:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam on the basis of graduation in botany and B.Pharm?

If you want to appear for Civil Service examination, then you are eligible. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is between 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for examination but have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th April 2017, 05:37 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had completed graduation in botany as well as B.Pharm. Can I appear for UPSC exam.
If I can appear, I want to know what subjects and book are needed for the preparation.

Yes, you can apply for UPSC Civil Service Examinations on the basis of graduation in Botany and B.Pharm. The candidates with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC once every year. The Civil Service Examinations consists of Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. The Civil Service Examinations is one of the toughest examinations in India. So you have to prepare well to clear the civil service examinations. There are various coaching institutions available in the major cities of India for providing training for the civil service aspirants.
11th April 2017, 09:37 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to write the UPSC (Union Public service Commission). The candidate should be a citizen of India. The candidate should have possess a graduation degree in any stream from a university recognized by UGC (University Grant Commission) and the candidate who have appeared their last year examination and awaiting for their results are also eligible to apply. The candidate must have the age between 21 to 32 years as on 1st August 2016 there is upper age relaxation for the reserved candidates and the candidate should be physically fit according to the physical standards of Civil Services.
The subjects you need to study are as follows:
History
Geography
Indian polity
Economics
Science and technology
Environment
Current affairs
General studies
Logical comprehension
Reasoning
Quantitative aptitude
Communication skill
You need to follow NCERT books to strong your base after that there are many books of famous writers which you can follow like Bipin Chandra, R.S. Sharma, and Satish Chandra for History. A.L. Bhasham, Mitin Singhania for Culture. Majid Hussain and oxford for Geography. M. Laxmikanth for polity. Ramesh Singh for Economics. T.M.H for science and technology. Rajagopalan, Khuller for environment. M.K.Pandey for reasoning, current affairs, The Hindu newspaper.
11th April 2017, 11:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. There are various UPSC examination conducted every year like:

>>Combined Defence Services.

>>Civil Services examination.

>>Central Armed Police Force examination.

After bachelor's degree in botany and Pharmacy, you can apply for all above examination conducted by UPSC. For any more details about any particular exam, visit the official website of UPSC.
11th April 2017, 11:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear fr UPSC entrance examination.
You can select any of the subject and some of them are as under:-
History
Political Science
Geography
English
Hindi
Psychology
Economics

Eligiblity criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have completed graduation.
Candidate age must be at least 21 years and not more than 40 years.
candidate must have at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Candidate must be physically fit.
12th April 2017, 12:08 AM
khanexpert

Yes, you can appear for UPSC examination after completion of your graduation irrespective of any stream you have completed your graduation in,you should just have to complete your graduation from a recognized university in order to appear for UPSC.

However, you should prepare well for your UPSC examination as it is not that easy an examination to crack.
12th April 2017, 12:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC then you are eligible to appear for examination.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

Some of the recommended books for preparation of examination are :-

NCERT bboks.

Lakshmikanth, D.D Bashu for Polity.

Spectrum, Bipin Chandra for History.

The Hindu Newspaper.

Dr. Ramesh Sinha for Indian Economy etc.

You need to revise all the topics what you have read to score better score in examination. For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2017, 01:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply or UPSC Examination after successful completion of Graduation in Botany and B.Pharm course. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC examination's is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

As B.Pharm is a Graduate Degree, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC Examination. Some of the best books that are helpful for your preparation are given below.

>> 22 years CSAT General Studies IAS by Disha Experts

>> Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by K D Tripathi

>> Bio pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics by Brahmankar

>> Lucent's General Awareness and GK by Arihant

>> Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania

>> Indian Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra

>> Contemporary Essay By B.K Publication
13th April 2017, 01:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply for UPSC exams like civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?