23rd August 2016, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects to opt in graduation which would help me to clear UPSC exam?

l completed my 12(pcb with biotechnology). Which subjects l'll opt in graduation which help me out to clear UPSC exam.? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon on the same. Thank you!

24th August 2016, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to opt in graduation which would help me to clear UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
l completed my 12(pcb with biotechnology). Which subjects l'll opt in graduation which help me out to clear UPSC exam.? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon on the same. Thank you!
After completion of 12th standard with PCB, you can choose B.Sc in Zoology or Botany. Because after completion of this degree, you can apply for IFS and Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from a recognized University are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years
24th August 2016, 02:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to opt in graduation which would help me to clear UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of candidates are choosing History in the UPSC Civil Service Examinations. So, if you study History in the graduation, then that will be useful for you to pursue Civil Service Examinations. The students from any discipline are eligible for the Civil Service Examination. Actually, one can choose any subject at graduation to pursue Civil Service Examination. The other favorite subjects are Geography, Sociology, Psychology and Economics. The MBBS candidates are also clearing Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
24th August 2016, 05:08 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
It conducts various examination to recruit high rank officials basically Civil Services examinations, NDA and many more.

To appear in civil services examinations, candidates need to complete graduation in any stream with any subject and also at the same time, they need to be of age between 21 to 32 years.

Mostly the subjects such as History, Geography, English, Political Science etc which includes literature more are regarded better for preparation of civil services examination but if you are dedicated and determined to crack it then you can do it with any subject of your choice if you have studied the graduation syllabus very deeply.
24th August 2016, 10:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As far as syllabus of UPSC Civil services exam is concerned the closest comes is arts stream. Most of the things taught in arts stream matches the syllabus of the exam but still there are many other areas which are not covered in it.

You need to study according to the syllabus and there is no specific degree course which can guarantee success at civil services exam. It will depend on you to prepare according to the exam pattern.
24th August 2016, 11:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is examination conducting body of India which conducts exams like Civil Services, CDS, CAPF, IES etc. From my point of view, you are asking about Civil Services examination. Candidates from any discipline are eligible to apply for this exam.

So, candidate who wish to apply for this exam must take stream of his interest in bachelor's degree. You can do bachelor's degree in zoology or botany or B.Tech in Biotechnology etc. There is no specific advantage to any particular stream in Civil Services exam. The minimum age limit to apply for this exam is 21 years. Your hard work with consistency and dedication will help you to crack this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?